Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Developing for Gideros without using Gideros Studio — Gideros Forum

Developing for Gideros without using Gideros Studio

codegritcodegrit Member
edited March 2013 in General questions
Hello again everyone!

I think I've decided to take the plunge into Gideros. It seems to offer everything I'm looking for while still being extendable enough for me to add anything I find that is missing (outside of the OpenGL layer).

With that said, I would really rather develop in Sublime Text 2 rather than Gideros Studio. There are various reasons for this: I'm used Sublime's key strokes, I'm used to my Sublime plugins, and Sublime is just plain prettier (no offense, of course!). I am, however, having a hard time finding any examples that don't use Gideros studio.

My main question is, if not using Gideros studio how can I run the game with the Gideros Player (I've seen some command line examples) while still having it include all my scripts. From what I can see, the Gideros Studio project file defines all the lua scripts that should be included, and the order in which they are included. How can accomplish this same functionality without using Gideros Studio (and, by extension, a Gideros project file)? Would simple lua requires work? Will I need to manually create the project file and point the Player to that?

Also, I read somewhere on here about an init.lua file (or something similar) that would allow me to override core Gideros lua functions. Is this still the case?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, many thanks!
Tagged:

Comments