Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Gideros Player Debug Build? — Gideros Forum

Gideros Player Debug Build?

techdojotechdojo Guru
edited August 2012 in General questions
I'm relatively new to the whole XCode thing and I've just started looking at the Gideros player in a little more detail.
Am I right in assuming that by default it builds and runs in DEBUG mode? When I run the player via XCode I get loads of debug (NSLog) statements about FPS etc, as well as any NSLog messages I put in my plugins (which is a good thing).

However I was wondering would I get any performance increase if I recompiled the player to run in RELEASE mode? Coming from a Windows dev background there can be a MASSIVE difference between debug and release builds with visual studio and I'm curious to know if the same is true on a Mac?

The other question therefore is how do I change XCode 4.4.1 to make a release build of the player?

Cheers
WhiteTree Games - Home, home on the web, where the bits and bytes they do play!
#MakeABetterGame! "Never give up, Never NEVER give up!" - Winston Churchill

Comments

• NascodeNascode Guru
    edited August 2012 Accepted Answer
    @techdojo
    Yes, you could get lot of debug info from Gideros Player on device when running in debug mode. You could also get FPS info etc while you open Gideros Player from terminal on mac (dont know if debug info appears in windows)

The easy way to make release build is to change your run scheme from Product > Edit Scheme, change your build configuration to release and then run your build again.

That's from my experience though :)
    have fun with our games~
    http://www.nightspade.com
  • That seems to work thanks. Yeah Product > Edit Scheme real intuitive :)
    The only issue is that for some reason XCode didn't want to upload it directly like it does with the debug build, but I dragged it in via the Organizer and it seems to work fine - plugin's work etc :) :)

Not sure if it'll make a difference - but every little helps :)

Dislikes: krisis

WhiteTree Games - Home, home on the web, where the bits and bytes they do play!
    #MakeABetterGame! "Never give up, Never NEVER give up!" - Winston Churchill
    +1 -1 (+0 / -1 )Share on Facebook