Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Gideros 2022.1 Released - Page 5 — Gideros Forum

Gideros 2022.1 Released

Comments

• hgy29 said:

keszegh said:

can we have an Application:getWindowSize? (i want to get it so that i can set the same when i quit fullscreen as it seems to reset the size to the initial window size).

btw shouldn't it be the default behaviour of setFullScreen(false) to recover the last screen size before going to fullscreen?

Yes that's what should happen in theory, but for some reason it doesn't work. If you want to do it at lua level, maybe listening to APPLICATION_RESIZE events could help ?
    will check. ty
  • these messages about a global only used in a function are pretty misleading as they don't take into account the other source files, if i'm correct.
  • keszegh said:

thanks, now setFullSceen does not crash anymore. very good.

can we have an Application:getWindowSize? (i want to get it so that i can set the same when i quit fullscreen as it seems to reset the size to the initial window size).

btw shouldn't it be the default behaviour of setFullScreen(false) to recover the last screen size before going to fullscreen?

I use this code, maybe that can help?
    -- global app size
    myappleft, myapptop, myappright, myappbot = application:getLogicalBounds()
    myappwidth, myappheight = myappright - myappleft, myappbot - myapptop
    print(myappleft, myapptop, myappright, myappbot)
    print(myappwidth, myappheight)

-- app settings
    if application:getDeviceInfo() == "Windows" and not application:isPlayerMode() then
    	application:set("windowPosition", myappwidth * 1.2, 16)
    	application:set("windowModel", "onlyClose")
    --	application:set("windowModel", "noMaximize") -- doesn't work for me!
    	application:set("windowTitle", "One Tile To Tileset")
    	application:set("minimumSize", myappwidth, myappheight)
    	application:set("maximumSize", myappwidth, myappheight)
    	application:set("windowColor", 0, 0, 0)
    end
    -- global functions
    isfullscreen = false
    function setFullScreen(xbool) application:setFullScreen(xbool) end
    my growING GIDEROS github repositories: https://github.com/mokalux?tab=repositories
  • MoKaLuxMoKaLux Member
    edited January 2022
    some feedback if I may:
    - html5 working great
    - auto-completion doesn't work for custom variables :'(
    - code wrapping is a bit messed up too

We are close to perfection with this new gideros update, thank you for the super hard work people.

Viva Gideros <3

my growING GIDEROS github repositories: https://github.com/mokalux?tab=repositories
    +1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • keszeghkeszegh Member
    edited January 2022
    some issues:
    editor is lagging a lot, it is unbearable to use it. even if i turn off type and syntax checking its the same.

gdrdaemon seems to work differently, and so zerobrane studio after running the player once and stopping it, cannot run it again (player opens and closes itself right afterwards). i have to try it and then kill gdrdaemon manually so that it works again. it is quite annoying as it has to be done all the time (and for the above lagging reason using the studio is not really an option).

btw one more feature of zbs that i like a lot is the 'correct indentation' thingy, which is missing from gideros studio.
  • about the wintabdriver, thank you @hgy29, works perfect, it is much more trustable than windows ink when using a wacom tablet.
    however there is a bug when setting it:
    when i turn on/off the wintabdriver using the pen (clicking on a checkbox in imgui) then if in wacom settings 'windows ink' is off then after a few on/off switches the touch input completely goes away for some reason. app still runs, responds to keys, but does not respond to mouse/pen, it seems that these events do not happen.
  • keszegh said:

hgy29 said:

keszegh said:

Yes that's what should happen in theory, but for some reason it doesn't work. If you want to do it at lua level, maybe listening to APPLICATION_RESIZE events could help ?
    will check. ty
    actually it does work, i was stupid (i had two placed in my code about setting fullscreen and i've had a fixed size setting in one of them left). thanks
  • @hgy29 , does the wintab setting valid on mac? if yes, does it do anything?
  • probably this is not an error but is red so better to note (on mac export):
    "Template source not found:All Plugins/spout/bin/MacOSX"
  • @hito9 Thanks for the that updated dataSaver Gideros class. My dataSaver code was very old indeed and broken inside latest release of Gideros. All tested good now and works great in my test app. Been away from Gideros for about a year or two myself.

Cheers.
    +1 -1 (+3 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • @MobAmuse Welcome back. :)

Coder, video game industry veteran (since the '80s, ❤'s assembler), arrested - never convicted hacker (in the '90s), dad of five, he/him (if that even matters!).
    https://deluxepixel.com
    +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    keszegh said:

@hgy29 , does the wintab setting valid on mac? if yes, does it do anything?

It is accepted, but does nothing.

• hito9hito9 Member
    edited January 2022
    Hi All,

@MobAmuse welcome back :) jedi master, it's nice to see you again and
    thank you for your useful dataSaver implementation

@hgy29 and Gideros developers, contributors thanks to you again.
    Gideros Luau version is getting better.

I want to report a few issues.
    • 2022.1.2 the Studio and the Player have connected after clicking "Localhost Toggle(Ctrl+P)" again. It's not important, I just use Gideros Studio to export a project on wine cos the Linux Build is not enough when it comes to export.
    • I think there is a repetitive bug when you start the Sutio and the Player.
      This may be related to focusing between the Studio and the Scintilla.
      Steps: copy a line with the mouse --> press Enter key for a new line --> paste
      with Ctrl+v --> run the example with Ctrl+r
      When you back to Scintilla editor area and click to multiple line positions
      you will see locked editing and multiple cursors blinking. The Library tree
      file selections have multiple focus. Use an another shortcut to fix/edit this
      temporarily(like Ctrl+Shift+x). After that it's hard to repeat this issue.

EDIT: Studio/Scintilla is blocked especially after Ctrl + R shortcut.
    • Bird Animation 3D example
      The background image overlays on right playfiled with "background:setZ(-1)" line .
      Can you confirm and how do we fix this example?
    • ParticlesClown example line 34 should be
       particlesClown:setParticleSpeed(pos,math.random()-0.5,math.random()-0.5,0,0)
      Because the current line line puts a lot of load on the processor.
    • Can onyone else test the bump plugin? I couldn't run the example project.
      Requiring the plugin is ok but initializing object gives error.
    • Can you open a json file in the Studio?
    • @rrraptor :) other jedi master, I am generally learning a lot from examples. How do i change these lines below to run your projects? Btw lots of your imgui examples work great.

GParticles example -> init.lua -> line2
      local PATH = (...):gsub('%.[^%.]+$', '')

Blurred Shape example -> GShape.lua
      local _PACKAGE = (...):match("(.-)([^\\/]-%.?([^%.\\/]*))$")

&(ampersand) replacements etc.
    • elves said: There's a slight flickering on the Outline panel in Studio

Same with the default studio theme on wine. After changing with any dark theme,
      The outline panel seems normal.

• rrraptorrrraptor Member
    edited January 2022
    hito9 said:

@rrraptor :) other jedi master, I am generally learning a lot from examples. How do i change these lines below to run your projects? Btw lots of your imgui examples work great.

GParticles example -> init.lua -> line2
    local PATH = (...):gsub('%.[^%.]+$', '')

Blurred Shape example -> GShape.lua
    local _PACKAGE = (...):match("(.-)([^\\/]-%.?([^%.\\/]*))$")

&(ampersand) replacements etc.

require function is changed a bit, its missing arguments here:
    https://github.com/gideros/gideros/blob/dc2d80acf2daaa2573157fbc8d53f4f4c953d1a5/luabinding/compatibility.lua#L74
    can be
    m=luafile(module) or true
    GParticles project updated. Note that I added modified version of "require" in "init.lua".
    EDIT: blur example updated, but it does not work properly on my PC with embedded GPU.

@hgy29 code folding even more broken now :smiley:

• Outline flickers because of transparency?
    QListView
    {
    	background-color: #ffffff;
    }
    Solves the problem.

• hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    yes, I added 'const' because I will implement it in the future, so better reserve it now :)
  • rrraptorrrraptor Member
    edited January 2022
    hgy29 said:

yes, I added 'const' because I will implement it in the future, so better reserve it now :)

Ah, ok :blush:
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    rrraptor said:

@hgy29 code folding even more broken now :smiley:

Yes, sorry, I introduced more bugs while trying to fix ternary expressions. Fixed now (in lexilla)

• MoKaLuxMoKaLux Member
    edited January 2022
    MoKaLux said:

some feedback if I may:
    - auto-completion doesn't work for custom variables

For example:
    self.myvar = "xxx" self.myv... autocompletion doesn't work
    local params = {}
    params.myvarx = "xxx" params.myv... autocompletion doesn't work

This one is also important imho o:)
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    MoKaLux said:

MoKaLux said:

some feedback if I may:
    - auto-completion doesn't work for custom variables

For example self.myvar = "xxx" self.myv... autocompletion doesn't work

This one is also important imho o:)
    Yes, I know, basically autocompletion was handled by QScintilla, original scintilla only provides the framework. I'll try to fix that, but I didn't felt it was important...
  • but how do you avoid mispellings later in your code without autocompletion? this also speedup coding imho ;)

• hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    edited January 2022
    MoKaLux said:

but how do you avoid mispellings later in your code without autocompletion? this also speedup coding imho ;)

I guess I have coding habits coming from the days when autocompletion didn't exist :)

• hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    I commited a patch for autocompletion: the studio will now gather identifiers from the code (if code checking is enabled), and propose them in autocompletion

• hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    hito9 said:

I think there is a repetitive bug when you start the Sutio and the Player.
    This may be related to focusing between the Studio and the Scintilla.
    Steps: copy a line with the mouse --> press Enter key for a new line --> paste
    with Ctrl+v --> run the example with Ctrl+r
    When you back to Scintilla editor area and click to multiple line positions
    you will see locked editing and multiple cursors blinking. The Library tree
    file selections have multiple focus. Use an another shortcut to fix/edit this
    temporarily(like Ctrl+Shift+x). After that it's hard to repeat this issue.

EDIT: Studio/Scintilla is blocked especially after Ctrl + R shortcut.

Sorry, I can't reproduce this one on Windows.
  • keszeghkeszegh Member
    edited January 2022
    keszegh said:

some issues:
    editor is lagging a lot, it is unbearable to use it. even if i turn off type and syntax checking its the same.

gdrdaemon seems to work differently, and so zerobrane studio after running the player once and stopping it, cannot run it again (player opens and closes itself right afterwards). i have to try it and then kill gdrdaemon manually so that it works again. it is quite annoying as it has to be done all the time (and for the above lagging reason using the studio is not really an option).

btw one more feature of zbs that i like a lot is the 'correct indentation' thingy, which is missing from gideros studio.

let me 'up' this one, it can be lost easily among the other things. the lagging concerns everybody i think, the indentation also, the rest mostly only people wanting to keep zerobrane studio as an ide.
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    hito9 said:

• Bird Animation 3D example
      The background image overlays on right playfiled with "background:setZ(-1)" line .
      Can you confirm and how do we fix this example?
    It was a bug in Viewport rendering, fixed now in https://github.com/gideros/gideros/commit/040573045d32b6417389c5f8b9f8bfdb9842ec58.

• hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    edited January 2022
    hito9 said:

What are the changes in Luau, requiring a lua_file and folder/subfolder/any_lua_file.lua approach?

You need to mark the require()-ed files as --!NOEXEC, because by default Gideros merges all files in a single one and execute them all. So basically require is not needed in Gideros if the files are already in the project.

EDIT: You can also try to enable the 'load Main.mua only' option in the project settings, as it disable files loading and merging and only run main.lua
  • hgy29 said:

hito9 said:

What are the changes in Luau, requiring a lua_file and folder/subfolder/any_lua_file.lua approach?

You need to mark the require()-ed files as --!NOEXEC, because by default Gideros merges all files in a single one and execute them all. So basically require is not needed in Gideros if the files are already in the project.

EDIT: You can also try to enable the 'load Main.mua only' option in the project settings, as it disable files loading and merging and only run main.lua
    setting to do not execute in the project properties of that file is good as well?
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    keszegh said:

setting to do not execute in the project properties of that file is good as well?

Yes