Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
How to use high resolution png file textures — Gideros Forum

How to use high resolution png file textures

ilkerilker Member
edited April 2012 in General questions
Hi everyone,
I have been looking around for a solution to my problem, but I cant find it.
I am trying to create a texture from a png file which has a dimension of 4683 x 633 and its size is 1,06MB. When I add this image to the stage it does not appear (smaller images are ok). I read about textures sizes must be smaller then 1024x1024 (from this topic http://www.giderosmobile.com/forum/discussion/96/graphicstexture-memory-and-shapes) but I thought I could use texturepacks or TextureRegion but none of them worked. Do I have to split my images smaller ones?

thanks...

Comments

• atilimatilim Maintainer
    edited April 2012
    Hi and welcome :)

4683 x 633 is a really big texture and both desktop and mobile devices cannot handle it. The most straightforward way is dividing your texture into 1024x1024 regions and display each one side by side.
  • ilkerilker Member
    edited April 2012
    Hi Atılım,
    thank you, I have been here for 2 months and I was finding my answers except this time :).
    I divided my texture into 7 pieces and added them all to the stage. Works fine :)
    I guess using 7 small textures at the same time is not same using 1 big texture.

Is it ok to put all the textures into the stage or I must add textures which can be seen on the screen at that moment?
  • atilimatilim Maintainer
    :) It's totally fine to put all the pieces to the stage at the same time.