Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Chartboost (Android) - Page 2 — Gideros Forum

Chartboost (Android)

Comments

• hmm, I will try to disable test ads
    and will contact them on monday, when I'll try to prepare smaller example

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • I looked at the files on my phone and there is a chartboost cache with loads of images in it - but never anything displayed on screen - is your caching system working ok?

Coder, video game industry veteran (since the '80s, ❤'s assembler), arrested - never convicted hacker (in the '90s), dad of five, he/him (if that even matters!).
    https://deluxepixel.com
  • That sounds like it!
  • It seems I'm close to solving it
    I am now at a point that it works in main activity but does not work in plugin class. Can't yet determine why, and its getting too late here, but on the right track :)
    +1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • Thankyou for your continued effort with this - much appreciated.
  • And it works
    the problem was the order of call for chartboost onCreate and onStart events.
    Since ad framework is initialized only in code, sometimes onStart event has already passed and onCreate is called after it, thus something inside the chartboost lib did not get enabled.

Now onto AdColony and Android version will be ready :)
  • Superb!

• If you could update once more here when it is ready that would be be great so I/we know when to grab new package from gideros labs.
  • ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    edited March 2014
    Updated AdsInterface for Android, you can retest now.
    But note that some structure changed, so you might need to do some reinstallation steps

• Superb thank you and noted!
  • Hmmm sadly I am getting crashing now when Charboost ad attempts to display in my android app 'Unfortunately, [AppName] has stopped - OK' with the latest v1.3 Gideros Ads release.
  • I build apk and install it to device via dropbox so have no live ADB running to use LogCat output?
  • I can send you the eclipse project if you like via email (tho need email to send it to)
    Accepted Answer
    sure, ok, send it to ar2rsawseen at gmail dot com

• OK will do shortly thanks :)
  • Added chartboost activity to manifest as you said and that was it, thanks Arturs :)

• Final update form Chartboost (worth reading)...

Hi Risto,

Thank you for your ongoing help with this.

Firstly, I can confirm that the affected app(s) have been updated recently to include a refreshed library and also activity that was missing from the app manifest.

The live android apps that appear to work normally now that reference your system are:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobileamusements.FlyChookyFlyFREE

and…

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobileamusements.CrockOGoldSlotsFREE

Regards the issue your end it was not possible for me to know if your own problem affected our own android apps as the the 3rd party function was broken until very recently.

I am happy to report that in both cases however that it all seems to be working now across a range of several device types which is great news.

Hopefully now we can bring more Android game apps as well as iOS to your system now the pain is over :)

Thank you again and I will pass on this valuable info to the 3rd party provider for their own reference too.

Best regards,

Adrian Cummings
    Founder and Owner
    www.mobileamusements.com

----

##- Please type your reply above this line -##
    Risto Lain
    Risto Laine (Chartboost)
    Mar 06 02:15 AM

Hi Adrian,

We discovered and fixed a bug that was affecting a part of Android apps in our network. Our backend falsely validated campaigns without a proper sized creative for Android devices leading to missed traffic for all stakeholders. After the fix we saw an increase in the delivery success for said devices.

I am guessing your apps were affected by this issue with the erratic impression showing. When the interstitials weren't shown our backend was trying to offer a campaign without a proper interstitial to the device. This lead to the impression count dropping and being erratic across different devices as the campaigns changed and different devices were able to show some of the campaigns while others were not.

As the behavior was erratic across different devices the issue was troublesome, but in the end our San Francisco team stuck with it and found the cause.

Can you check with your team if this was the issue with you?

We're sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience. Extra thank you for working with us and providing information on the issue.

Risto Laine
    Support Engineer
    Chartboost

Maybe this all was just a coincidence, but maybe related.
    Who knows
    Software engineering is difficult :)
  • Looks like an excuse from Chartboost if you ask me. ;)
    Coder, video game industry veteran (since the '80s, ❤'s assembler), arrested - never convicted hacker (in the '90s), dad of five, he/him (if that even matters!).
  • @MobAmuse Now all we are waiting for is GameCircle for more Amazon coins... :)

@SinisterSoft and you never miss an opportunity to remind me of it :)
    Guys, who are using Chartboost, tell me if it is normal

I've pushed one app with chartboost almost 3 days ago. Having around 70 bootups, around 100 impressions and around 10 clicks daily
    Even have 1 delivered install
    But the earnings still show 0

And I have not seen any ad on my device, only if I enable test ads, no normal ads (even after adding device as test device).

Is it possible I've done something wrong, like did not confirm my account or something?
    Contacted chartboost yesterday, but no response (probably because I'm the only one working on weekends :D )
  • MobAmuseMobAmuse Member
    edited March 2014
    Did you enable the app in a campaign and use the system floor 'empty' values.

You should see between $2-10 by now in reality and also you should see real ads once you turn of the test ads or have seen 20 of them in a row.

Have you locked out any countries?

Can't think of anything else at this moment in time. If you see test ads then it is integrated fine so you should be earning something really when you list the apps analytics for say a week.
    edited March 2014
    That said it takes a liitle while to pick up speed I found and actually show returns. No more than 3 days tho.
    Yes on first day, I might have forgot about campaigns, but then I enabled them :P
    And left all values by default, did not change anything

I just don't want to upgrade other apps till its resolved

But ok thank you, hopefully it will speed up, or at least get a reply on Monday from Chartboost :)
  • Did you hear anything?

I noticed today after building a binary for Amazon that I see test ads but only real ads occasionally with the new ad libs you released.

I may make a build with the previous ad libs if it stays like this and also to contact Risto at Chartboost in case we have the same problem we had with vanilla google droid not so long ago.

Hope not of course.
    edited March 2014
    Having over 200 impressions today, over 100 bootups, still 0 earnings and no response from chartboost :(

And I'm using previous sdk version, not the new one currently

Won't be adding new apps till the issue resolved

But I started to see chartboost ads from time to time, so it is working, I just don't know why the fact that I added device as a test device, did not change anything (by their docs, it was supposed to enable me seeing their ads all the time, without filtering and qualification to see it)

Another strange thing
    In some analytics reports I sometimes see impressions and clicks for Advertiser role, but I don't have any advertiser campaigns running, so I don't have idea whats going on
    edited March 2014
    OK if not already mark your mail for the attention of Risto perhaps when sending to support@chartboost.com.

He did explain to me earlier that ads are not served every call and indeed can have a low fillrate until advertisers bids build up, even as a test device it seems.

I see test ads all the time on all my apps when selected.

Advertiser yes is very odd as you should see none in a publishing campaign. I've never seen that myself so that is odd. Sure you set up your campaign as publisher? just saying.

OK I'm waiting for amazon to clear my app before I can go any further.
    Yep, when I look at Apps -> Overview then my apps have only publishing campaigns
    But if I try Apps -> Analytics, then it shows my apps also with advertiser role and clicks and impressions, etc.