Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Plugins and libraries. What do people want? — Gideros Forum

Plugins and libraries. What do people want?

SimpleLoopSimpleLoop Member
edited August 2012 in Plugins
I am currently working on some plugins for Gideros.

I have just made some modifications to the UIKit Plugin to add more functionality and will be adding more soon.
I would like to add custom tableViewCells to this soon.
Can be found here https://github.com/SimpleLoop/MHUIKit
Should be added to the main MHUIKit branch soon.

I am also working on a plugin to allow people to access and use the iPod music library on iOS.
Currently has a few functions that are working correctly.
Can be found here https://github.com/SimpleLoop/MusicKit

I am also working on a library to make simple functions like making a rectangle or circle simpler by using a corona style syntax for creating them. Coming from corona this made it much easier to port my existing code over.
It also has a super simple saving and loading system where you just make a table to save and call save(tablename) then call local data = load() to load the data back into a table from the file.
Can be found here https://github.com/SimpleLoop/SimpleLoopLib

Hope someone finds these useful.

I was wondering what do other users want to see?
Either adding to existing plugins/Libraries or as new plugins/libraries.

I was also thinking of making a plugin to apply effects to images then return the modified image back to gideros if that would be possible.

Please only things that are possible to do using Plugins and Libraries, no core features.

+1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook

Comments

• How about adding an extra GL View that could be used for a particle engine?
    WhiteTree Games - Home, home on the web, where the bits and bytes they do play!
    #MakeABetterGame! "Never give up, Never NEVER give up!" - Winston Churchill
  • Interesting, would a GLKit View be sufficient?
    I would have to look into how a particle engine could be added to it.
  • I would think so - looking at the Player source it uses a EAGL view called rootview and the UIKit stuff appears to be added to it (not 100% sure how it works but I'm getting there :) )
  • Yes Gideros I think does everything in openGL onto that EAGLView.
    I think UIKit adds a UIView onto the RootViewController making a surface to add the UIElements to over the top of the EAGLView.
    So I don't see why we wouldn't be able to add an GLKitView onto the RootViewController on top of the EAGLView then have the particle engine draw to that view using functions called from lua.
  • The bad thing about another view on top of the root view is that particles would cover game UI elements that you draw in the regular gideros view.
  • GregBUGGregBUG Guru
    edited August 2012
    The bad thing about another view on top of the root view is that particles would cover game UI elements that you draw in the regular gideros view.
    is the main reason for which I have not yet implemented.

I don't like particles engines in a separate layer.

soon as I finish the collision engine (native code)
    probably i'll recode my particles engine converting it into native code (at least for calculations) as it's not currently possible to call directly gideros SDK gfx functions from native code to gideros native code (without slow down all!).

TNT ENGiNE for Gideors Studio - Particle Engine, Virtual Pad, Animator Studio, Collision Engine - DOWNLOAD NOW !!! IT'S FREE!!! -
    www.tntengine.com
    +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • The bad thing about another view on top of the root view is that particles would cover game UI elements that you draw in the regular gideros view.
    Agreed, but in reality most people wouldn't notice, I never found it a problem when using the simple Gamemaker particle effects and the advantages often outweighed the issue

• Is there no way to pull the main EAGLView from the view hierarchy?
    Then add directly to it.
    It must be on the view stack somewhere.
    Or is that off limits as it needs to constantly refresh?
    I'll have a look around the forum I'm sure someone will have asked that before.
  • The problem is that all the drawing would take place as an Atomic operation either before or after your additions, you'd need a callback from within the Gideros display stack so that you could render your particles in the correct order.

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook