Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Released: Bass Tourney Challenger — Gideros Forum

Released: Bass Tourney Challenger

I've been working on this one a long time. It's by far the most ambitious thing I've done with Gideros, though it looks deceptively simple at least at the low levels.

Links and the demo video are on www.basstourneychallenger.com

Thanks to everyone who's answered my questions on the forum, and especially to @hgy29 for quick answers, quick fixes, and all the added support for 3D. That made it possible for this game to use a ton of models I'd made in the past, and to have the game use models, including animated ones, drawn to render targets to build 2D sprites for use in real-time for performance. If like me, you're no great artist, but you can make or get 3D models for the characters and objects you want to use in your game, I highly recommend that method. If there's interest I'll make a demo project for using 3D assets for 2D graphics.

+1 -1 (+3 / -0 )Share on Facebook

Comments

• wonderful job PaulH, thank you for all the experience you shared and share here on the forum, all the best for your game/simulation :) o:) <3
    my growING GIDEROS github repositories: https://github.com/mokalux?tab=repositories
  • MoKaLuxMoKaLux Member
    edited November 2021
    some feedback if I may:
    - on the screen Welcome to Bass Tourney Challenger, there is a double "and" at equipment and and unlock more features ;)
    - it runs butterly smooth on my old samsung S5!!!!!!!!!
    - I qualified for the tournaments :)
    - won the first tournament
    - rated 5* on googleplay
    - very very nice gameplay and overhaul <3

my growING GIDEROS github repositories: https://github.com/mokalux?tab=repositories
  • Thanks for catching that @MoKaLux! It's funny the things one can miss. All the beta testers missed that, too.

And thanks for your support!

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    edited November 2021
    @PaulH, have you considered making a VR version of your game ? Now that you learnt how to use 3D in Gideros and with 2021.10 supporting Oculus Quest 2, that can make sense.
    +1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • That's a real possibility. Many of the models I'm using in this one I made for a Windows VR game 13 years ago, for VR hardware that didn't catch on. The vast majority of the work on this game would be reusable in a new 3D version, including VR. I started this project as a 3D game, then decided to release a 2D version first to support as many devices as possible. I'll have to seriously consider an Oculus version. Thanks for the suggestion!
  • i wonder about the size of the intersection of people who like fishing and who have an oculus.
  • In the US the recreational fishing market is pretty huge, but I think I know only two people with an Oculus, and neither would be in the target market for a fishing game. So yes, I agree that the intersection is probably quite small. I'm sure I wouldn't develop a game solely for the Oculus, but if I were developing a game in 3D and it would take relatively little effort to support VR and get it on their app store, it might be worth it. While that market would be small, the competition would probably be limited, and the willingness of the average user to pay for a game would probably be far higher than that of the average Android or iPhone game player. So the average earning per user would probably be pretty good.

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook