Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
iOS 10 Landscape Right issue. — Gideros Forum

iOS 10 Landscape Right issue.

edited October 2016 in Bugs and issues
Hi there. It was just called to my attention that there's an issue when firing up my game (Top Tank) while the phone (6 and 6S+ so far) is in a landscape-right orientation (home button to the right). The game window spins around, freezes, then crashes. I'm going to try turning off auto-rotation and see if that's a suitable workaround for now.

Comments

• I have also had that issue. It only happens as game starts up, after that it's fine. I was guessing it was to do with a video I was playing. Are you playing a video before the game also?

In any case, forcing only one orientation solves the problem for me (although I would prefer the game to be rotatable).
    My Gideros games: www.totebo.com
  • No video in my case; it just gets straight to it.
  • Okay, then I blamed the Media plugin for no reason. Sorry, Media. Would be good to know why this happens. Must be an XCode issue. Were you able to fix it?
    My Gideros games: www.totebo.com
  • I made a new build with 2016.12, locked the screen to landscape left, re-built, re-submitted, and was met with a wave of various crashes in different areas of the game for reasons unknown.

I made another new build with 2015.10, figuring I'd revert back to something I knew worked. Re-submitted, and now there are no crashes, but the buttons at the bottom of the screen are partially cut-off on the iPhone 6+ and 7+. Apparently, locking to landscape-left creates a problem on "plus" devices where there is a disparity in virtual vs. physical pixels, as the amount of screen that doesn't respond to touch seems consistent with that theory.

I'm stuck now with a game on the App Store that either crashes all the time, or has inputs that are non-responsive. This, of course, is a HUGE problem. Has anyone else experienced this? I don't have a plus device to test on, and, of COURSE, the simulator doesn't exhibit this problem.
  • Now I've disabled landscape-right from XCode, instead of disallowing auto-rotation from within Gideros. The game behaves normally now on my regular iPhone 6, but again, no plus to test it on, so I can't say for sure if it'll work.
  • As it turns out, disabling landscape-right in XCode did the trick. So, if your landscape app is crashing when auto-rotation kicks in and you can get away with it, disable landscape-right, but do it your XCode project, don't disable auto-rotation in Gideros.