Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros community chat | DONATE
How to increase google API level? — Gideros Forum

How to increase google API level?

I believe I just updated my app to require sdk 34 as per google play request (updating Android Target Version to 34 in export project settings) , but it appears it still requires api 19+ and the annoying alert is still there
Where should I fix that?
Attached is what I can see in google play console

Thank you

Comments

• hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Accepted Answer
    Targetting SDK 34 is all that Google wants, but Gideros can still run on API 19+ (minimum SDK), so your settings are correct. What is the annoying alert you are refering to ?
  • piepie Member
    edited September 5
    I suspect that you are right and there is an overlapping of meaning between the terms API and SDK, thank you.

Nothing changed in my app dashboard after the update (but the update worked, therefore I guess I have done what they asked).

The alert still says
    We will soon take action because your app does not adhere to Google Play Developer Program policies. Fix violations as soon as possible. (App must target Android 14 (API level 34) or higher)

and there's written:
    Once you've done this, we'll send you an Inbox message to confirm that your app update was successful, and that your app is no longer affected.

I didn't receive any inbox message, the alert is still there, and checking the app bundle I've seen API level 19+ so I assumed there was something else to do.

P.S. Google play finally noticed that I changed SDK requirements: for the records it took around 48 hours after publishing the new release.