Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
How to save online a string of text? What is the status of Firebase plugin? — Gideros Forum

How to save online a string of text? What is the status of Firebase plugin?

piepie Member
I am trying to implement a bug report tool embedded in my app, where users can send short strings of text saying what is gone wrong.

The easiest way I can think of doing it is using openURL
application:openUrl("mailto:user@foo.com?subject=app bug&body=this is an error")
But it has some downsides, first of which is that the user has to send me an email through his/her personal email account, and I feel that while this might be appropriate for a selected testing group, it is not for a paying user.

Since I only need to get short strings I thought I could rely on an online db, which might be the firebase real time db.
Is it already usable through the firebase plugin? If that is the case, is there any documentation on where to start?

However it's the first time I am approaching firebase, and maybe it's too much for what I need.

I am open to any alternative: any way to send a string of text without asking the user to act outside my app, to be recorded somewhere on the internet.

Thank you a lot :)

Comments