Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Camera plugin issues — Gideros Forum

Camera plugin issues

In an existing game I'm working on a new feature using the camera plugin. It works great on Android, but on the iOS build it crashes on Camera.start(). While troubleshooting this I tried Camera.queryCamera(), which I hadn't been calling before, but on Android that also crashes.

I'll look deeper into this, but I'm wondering if anybody else is having issues with the camera plugin.

I'm currently running Gideros 2022.12.

Paul

Comments

• PaulHPaulH Member
    Update: Camera.start() isn't always crashing for me now. I'm working on figuring out what was wrong before, but I've got the camera to start on iOS.

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    I am using the Camera plugin in two of my apps, didn't have such issues but maybe because I wrote it so I avoided possible pitfalls.
    Could it be a permission issue ? There is a Camera.isAvailable() call that must called to trigger permission stuff
  • PaulHPaulH Member
    For some reason I was creating the camera texture with Texture.new(nil, w, h) rather than RenderTarget.new(w, h). That works fine on Android, but not on iOS. Creating it as a RenderTarget works on both.

I'm still seeing Camera.queryCamera() crash on Android, but I don't really need to call it.
  • PaulHPaulH Member
    And now queryCamera is working fine for me on both platforms. I don't know why it wasn't working, or why it is now, but I suspect the problem was entirely on my end.

All is well.

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • MoKaLuxMoKaLux Member
    edited March 2023
    you may have experienced some "new" Gideros caching system as per this thread: https://forum.gideros.rocks/discussion/8638/is-there-an-image-or-resource-cache-when-developing

I also seem to experience it from time to time but it is very rare and hard to tell how and when this happens :o

for example I had some Tiled physics shapes behaving kinda strange, I had to move the shapes and then put them back where they were and then Gideros catched up!

I am happy all is well :)
    my growING GIDEROS github repositories: https://github.com/mokalux?tab=repositories