Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros community chat | DONATE
What are the core benefits you feel Gideros delivers better than other development systems ? - Page 2 — Gideros Forum

What are the core benefits you feel Gideros delivers better than other development systems ?

2»

Comments

• kinrpgkinrpg Member
    kinrpg said:

It is a code focused tool.
    Uses the LUA language.
    The IDE is simple but has all the tools you need to create code, organize files and set up the project. No frills and everything functional.
    It exports to various platforms and has its compatibility with the operating system I use (Ubuntu forever).

Updating with more reasons: There is now a native linux version that exports the game to run natively on that operating system. And with the language update to support luau, everything is even more dynamic and full of possibilities.

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • piepie Member
    edited August 31
    I've never answered to this topic because I've never really used other engines, but after some tests around:
    • Gideros is super fast to open/run/load/compile compared to every other engine
    • it is really powerful and feature packed but it really can run on a toaster and still be super fast
    • works flawlessly offline
    • doesn't need to download addons and templates every now and then
    • it's completely transparent (what you write is what you get)
    • the source code for your apps is small
    • the compiled app is small
    • it is completely unbloated
    • it is free and open source
    • the ability to check how your app will actually run on every device through gideros player is awesome
    • the community is super friendly
    • lua scripting is easy and much faster than adding nodes, checking on inspectors, adding components, wait for recompilation, make small edits, wait for recompilation and so on...
    +1 -1 (+4 / -0 )Share on Facebook