Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Notification issue with iOS app build & upload — Gideros Forum

Notification issue with iOS app build & upload

saeyssaeys Member
edited January 2018 in Bugs and issues
Hi folks,

Upon uploading my app(s) to iTunes Connect today, besides the regular "Completed processing" message, I get this message from Apple:
Dear developer,

We have discovered one or more issues with your recent delivery for "XXXXXXXX". Your delivery was successful, but you may wish to correct the following issues in your next delivery:

Missing Push Notification Entitlement - Your app appears to register with the Apple Push Notification service, but the app signature's entitlements do not include the "aps-environment" entitlement. If your app uses the Apple Push Notification service, make sure your App ID is enabled for Push Notification in the Provisioning Portal, and resubmit after signing your app with a Distribution provisioning profile that includes the "aps-environment" entitlement. Xcode 8 does not automatically copy the aps-environment entitlement from provisioning profiles at build time. This behavior is intentional. To use this entitlement, either enable Push Notifications in the project editor's Capabilities pane, or manually add the entitlement to your entitlements file. For more information, see https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/NetworkingInternet/Conceptual/RemoteNotificationsPG/HandlingRemoteNotifications.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40008194-CH6-SW1.

After you’ve corrected the issues, you can use Xcode or Application Loader to upload a new binary to iTunes Connect.
I guess there is nothing to worry about for now, but they obviously want me to fix this in the future. But how is this done?
I always get this in output when building in xcode - related? (I get this even when the Background Modes capability is disabled - it's enabled by default after Gideros export.)
You've implemented -[ application:didReceiveRemoteNotification:fetchCompletionHandler:], but you still need to add "remote-notification" to the list of your supported UIBackgroundModes in your Info.plist.
didReceiveRemoteNotification are in the AppDelegate.m created by Gideros, but I have no idea how this works. I'm not (nor intend to) using notifications in my app.

Comments

• hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Accepted Answer
    You can safely ignore the message if you don't use push notifications. Gideros includes hooks for plugins (firebase), which are detected by iTunes.

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • Ok, thanks, good to know. :) FYI, I haven't got the long message (the automated mail from iTunes connect) when uploading earlier updates, though the xcode output message has been around for a while.