Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Plugins integration — Gideros Forum

Plugins integration

hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
edited November 2016 in Roadmap
Hello Giderians,

I wanted to let you know that we are currently working hard to come up with updated, no hassle plugins for next release.
We already managed to have gideros studio automagically integrate a few ads providers (Applovin, Chartboost, Unity) into your Android studio project - and even into APK directly.

Gaming plugin is also being updated so that it works with newer Google Libs (currently tested on 9.2.0).

I also want to thank @SinisterSoft for giving me a hand on this task, he has already enabled Flurry integration as well as Controller lib, and will work on Gaming/GameCircle backend very soon too.

Our objective is that you no longer need to tweak android studio files, manifest, and so on. If we succeed, Gideros Studio will be able to output a ready to be compiled project in the end.

Also many thanks to those who proposed their time to maintain those plugins. We are still working on proper docs to get you started with building gideros.
+1 -1 (+7 / -0 )Share on Facebook

Comments

• Sounds great!

Are there any plans/traction for google licensing and updating "In App Purchasing" to use the latest from Amazon and Google?

Regarding building directly to APK - Will it support multiple variations? e.g. Full, Lite, Beta, Amazon builds, which have different package names or manifests depending on features? Or including different lua files/constants depending on build variation like we can in Android Studio? Seems it could get quite complex for real world builds. I currently don't mind exporting to Android Studio, then from there two clicks to build all my needed variations.
  • tytadastytadas Member
    edited November 2016
    Gideros needs something like an AutoLan from Corona. Because now, it's not that simple as it should be. Any chances to see such implement in future?
  • SinisterSoftSinisterSoft Maintainer
    edited November 2016
    @EricCarr I've tested building a single APK (manually, soon within the APK export) that works for both Google Play and Amazon services. You just init in your lua program which you want depending on the device id. The same APK also works for Android TV and Fire TV as well as phones and tablets.

If @hgy29 or @ar2rsawseen can let me know of a way for the Lua side to know the app id, I mean the com.[publisher].[gamename] then you could also use this to decide if your app should run as a demo, iab or premium game.

eg:

if I export and set the id to 'com.sinistersoft.dungeons' then run as iab, if I set the id to 'com.sinistersoft.dungeonsFree' then set as a demo, and if I set it to 'com.sinistersoft.dungeonsPremium' then set it to prepaid all features.

Like I said, I don't know how to do this yet, but it could make things pretty easy.
    Coder, video game industry veteran (since the '80s, ❤'s assembler), arrested - never convicted hacker (in the '90s), dad of five, he/him (if that even matters!).
    https://deluxepixel.com
  • @tytadas I use Unite to do comms between clients and servers on a lan. It was pretty easy and is fully open source.

http://giderosmobile.com/forum/discussion/1371/gideros-unite-framework-for-multiplayer-mobile-games/p1

Coder, video game industry veteran (since the '80s, ❤'s assembler), arrested - never convicted hacker (in the '90s), dad of five, he/him (if that even matters!).
    https://deluxepixel.com
    +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • @hgy29 This sounds fantastic. I'm looking forward to being able to make plugins as well as help maintain existing ones.
    +1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook