Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Check again before release 2016.8.2 — Gideros Forum

Check again before release 2016.8.2

XmanXman Member
edited August 2016 in Suggestions & requests
Very happy to see 2016.8.2 is ready to publish.
There may be still a little bug with the exported iOS project.
For project name that like "My Game" with white space may mess up the the header and library search paths, a quote for each item is required.

Comments

• XmanXman Member
    edited August 2016
    And BTW, I would like to mention it again
    each compiled script file filled with such a long absolute path like this /Users/myusername/Documents/games/Bird Animation/Bird Animation/assets/bird.lua
    is not very well for package size and security.
    It may not be difficult to remove these when compiled just with the filename.
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    @Xman, thanks for the tip about the quote, but I removed them on purpose because with them Xcode was unable to find includes files, whereas without it worked perfectly.
    Not sure what happened then. Xcode requirements changed ?
    Definitely needs more checks.
  • XmanXman Member
    edited August 2016
    Without the quote,path include white space will be split into two paths.
    Path without white space will work no matter quote added or not.
    I tested in both Xcode 7 and 8.
  • XmanXman Member
    And again,the export iOS process is really looooong.
    As hgy29 mentioned,skip encryption key replace when no encryption checked is a good idea.
    Also,please add an option for whether export Apple TV,I think not everyone need it exactly.
  • I've also had issues with blanks spaces, quotes seem to work.

I would just add the root search path and go "recursive" to look through all files. I've done that for my projects and the slowdown, if any, is negligible.
    My Gideros games: www.totebo.com
  • XmanXman Member
    edited August 2016
    And it's great to generate splash image for all screen size by a single image. It would be perfect if the original image content is placed in the center when create the splash image file.
    Also an option to disable the default image is necessary.