Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
A new Gideros Studio beta with plugin support is here! — Gideros Forum

A new Gideros Studio beta with plugin support is here!

gorkemgorkem Maintainer
edited December 2011 in General questions
Folks, the waiting is over. Atilim & Deniz have packaged the latest and greatest Gideros Studio including plugin support. In this release, you'll find the following plugins and their source code as a starting point:

- GameKit
- Flurry
- Lua Bitop (bitop.luajit.org)

For an initial announcement for plugins, see this blog post: http://www.giderosmobile.com/blog/2011/12/15/introducing-gideros-plugins/

If you are also subscribed to our our list, you probably have already received a newsletter from us.

Download Gideros Studio from this link and start experimenting: http://88.198.22.6/downloads/beta

Happy coding!

--
Gideros Team

Tagged:
+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook

Comments

• GregBUGGregBUG Guru
    edited December 2011
    =P~

yeeaaahhh!!!!

I can't wait to got home and try it all!

the best christmas gift! (After my wife and my son! ;) )

thanks Gideros Team!!!

- A Gideros Fan -
    Gianluca.
    TNT ENGiNE for Gideors Studio - Particle Engine, Virtual Pad, Animator Studio, Collision Engine - DOWNLOAD NOW !!! IT'S FREE!!! -
    www.tntengine.com
  • Ok, I see I had to get QT creator. It is installed.

But how to you use the plugins? Can you use them only the IOS player atm?
  • Ok, I see that there is a QT project. Then cpp files which seem not to have miuch code in it, but the objective C files. Do I need QT or do I need XCode?

But how to you use the plugins? Can you use them only the IOS player atm?
  • atilimatilim Maintainer
    edited December 2011
    You need Qt for building plugins for desktop (Windows and Mac OS X) and Xcode for iOS plugins.

- For Qt, you need to use command qmake to generate Makefile and then make to build it:
    $ qmake bitop.pro
    $ make
    And put the resulting .dylib or .dll file to Plugins folder.

- For Xcode, you need to add header files at Sdk/include and the plugin code to the project then build and deploy to your iDevice:

That's all.

For Flurry and Game Kit, there are two versions of code because Flurry and Game Kit is not supported on desktop. Therefore, there are also empty counterparts of these plugins for desktop.

We'll publish documentation on writing and deploying plugins soon. Please ask any question about it.
    @GregBUG Do you have any iOS device? Because currently don't support Android yet and started to working on it just now :-h
  • The dylib files for the osx player are already in the Plugins folder when you shipped it.

But when I add them to the main file like

require "flurry"

or

require "gamekit"

I get this errors:
    main.lua:8: module 'flurry' not found:
    no field package.preload['flurry']
    no file './flurry.lua'
    no file '/usr/local/share/lua/5.1/flurry.lua'
    no file '/usr/local/share/lua/5.1/flurry/init.lua'
    no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/flurry.lua'
    no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/flurry/init.lua'
    no file './flurry.so'
    no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/flurry.so'
    no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/loadall.so'
    stack traceback:
    Do you get these errors on Desktop player or on iOS player?

For iOS player, you need to add plugin files to Xcode project and deploy to your device. Plugins are not included by default.
  • Like I said. On the OSX (desktop) player.
    hmm.. I couldn't predict the reason. Do you see "2011.9 BETA7" on top of the player?
  • I tested it on windows, and there the desktop player detects the plugins.
  • hmm.. I couldn't predict the reason. Do you see "2011.9 BETA7" on top of the player?
    Yes, I do.

One more question: Do you have Snow Leopard or Lion?
  • Ok, I get the IOSPlayer to compile and install on my IPod with the gamekit and the bipop lugin. For Flurry the flurry.h file is missing at least.
    Still no success with the OSX desktop player detecting the premade plugins that ship within the dmg file.
    edited December 2011
    Hi Mike,

I think, I've found the problem. Can you execute these commands at Plugins folder and then try again?

install_name_tool -change liblua.1.dylib "@executable_path/../Frameworks/liblua.1.dylib" bitop.dylib
    install_name_tool -change libgfile.1.dylib "@executable_path/../Frameworks/libgfile.1.dylib" bitop.dylib
    install_name_tool -change libgfile.1.dylib "@executable_path/../Frameworks/libgfile.1.dylib" flurry.dylib
    install_name_tool -change liblua.1.dylib "@executable_path/../Frameworks/liblua.1.dylib" flurry.dylib
    install_name_tool -change libgfile.1.dylib "@executable_path/../Frameworks/libgfile.1.dylib" gamekit.dylib
    install_name_tool -change liblua.1.dylib "@executable_path/../Frameworks/liblua.1.dylib" gamekit.dylib
    install_name_tool -change libgideros.1.dylib "@executable_path/../Frameworks/libgideros.1.dylib" gamekit.dylib

For Flurry, we need the user to download the latest Flurry SDK from http://www.flurry.com
  • Yes, that did the trick. Thank you!!!! ^:)^
  • @atilim

yes. i have a Pod touch 2Gen but is broken:( (my son crashed the display some days ago)
    next days i'll buy an ipad (for develop)

downloading now beta7... and testing...
    TNT ENGiNE for Gideors Studio - Particle Engine, Virtual Pad, Animator Studio, Collision Engine - DOWNLOAD NOW !!! IT'S FREE!!! -
    www.tntengine.com
    edited December 2011
    @GregBUG great! (not for breaking the display :) ) Hopefully, we'll publish the Android version soon.
  • yesterday the ide (beta7) crashed 3 times... (when i switch from one project to another)...

seem like a similar bug that affected beta6...

anyone had the same problem?
    www.tntengine.com
  • Nope, but I am on OSX. What did you do? Just open anther project?
    oh... @GregBUG, do you have a pattern that causes the crash?
  • GregBUGGregBUG Guru
    edited December 2011
    @atilim
    yes..

try this:

1. open gideros ide
    2. open the example birdanimation
    3. double clik on main.lua and then on bird.lua (you can omit this passage)
    4. now open gtween example (do not close bird project)
    5. bang! crash!! :((

it seems that affect only project with more than one .lua sources in it!
    if you try to open project that contain only one .lua source there are no problems.

ps: my system is running lion 10.7.2

ciao!
    www.tntengine.com
    I cannot crash the IDE (on windows and snow leopard) but there is definitely a problem. I'll use your scenario to track it down. Thank you :)

• Hi atilim,

when I want to create the player for the IOS simulator, I always get several errors when add the game center plugin. For the device not. Do you know the reason?

Michael
    If you're trying to run player on iOS simulator 4.3, there is a bug on Apple's side: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5339470/llvm-error-cannot-yet-select-error In this case you need to select iOS 4.2.

Otherwise, can you describe the error more? Because I'm usually testing on simulator and then on device.
  • I am using Xcode 3.2.6

Here are some errors:

ld: warning: in /Applications/Gideros 2011.9 beta7/Sdk/lib/libgideros.dylib, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (i386)
    ld: warning: in /Applications/Gideros 2011.9 beta7/Sdk/lib/libgfile.1.dylib, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (i386)
    ld: warning: in /Applications/Gideros 2011.9 beta7/Sdk/lib/libgfile.dylib, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (i386)
    ld: warning: in /Applications/Gideros 2011.9 beta7/Sdk/lib/libgideros.1.dylib, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (i386)
    ld: warning: in /Applications/Gideros 2011.9 beta7/Sdk/lib/liblua.1.dylib, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (i386)
    ld: warning: in /Applications/Gideros 2011.9 beta7/Sdk/lib/liblua.dylib, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (i386)
    Undefined symbols:
    "gdr_resume()", referenced from:
    -[GiderosiPhonePlayerAppDelegate applicationDidBecomeActive:] in GiderosiPhonePlayerAppDelegate.o
    "_lua_type", referenced from:
    GameKit::dispatchEvent(char const*, NSError*, NSArray*, NSArray*, NSArray*, NSArray*)in gamekit.o
    "gdr_touchesCancelled(NSSet*, NSSet*)", referenced from:
    -[GiderosiPhonePlayerViewController touchesCancelled:withEvent:] in GiderosiPhonePlayerViewController.o
    "_lua_pushvalue", referenced from:
    loader(lua_State*) in gamekit.o
    GameKit::dispatchEvent(char const*, NSError*, NSArray*, NSArray*, NSArray*, NSArray*)in gamekit.o
    "_lua_pushboolean", referenced from:
    isAvailable(lua_State*) in gamekit.o
    "gdr_initialize(objc_object*, int, int, bool)", referenced from:
    -[GiderosiPhonePlayerViewController awakeFromNib] in GiderosiPhonePlayerViewController.o
    "_lua_setfield", referenced from:
    _g_pluginMain in gamekit.o
    "_g_registerPlugin", referenced from:
    __static_initialization_and_destruction_0(int, int)in gamekit.o
    "gdr_touchesMoved(NSSet*, NSSet*)", referenced from:
    -[GiderosiPhonePlayerViewController touchesMoved:withEvent:] in GiderosiPhonePlayerViewController.o
    "gdr_deinitialize()", referenced from:
    -[GiderosiPhonePlayerViewController dealloc] in GiderosiPhonePlayerViewController.o

I see. You should only add the header(.h) files from Sdk/include. Not the libraries (.dylib files) from Sdk/lib. Library files are only for building the plugins for desktop.

As shown here, I've only added the header files:

If you want, I can send you a sample project?