Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Chart of gideros-made apps — Gideros Forum

Chart of gideros-made apps

unlyingunlying Guru
edited October 2012 in Relax cafe
Is it possible to create chart of apps made by gideros? It is really interesting to know most downloadable apps made by smbdy of us. Sure, nobody knows correct numbers, but approximate is enough. Yep, we have tons markets for android, but it will be ok to have Google Play and iOS charts. I think that in same range of downloads it should be sorted by number of stars(not average rating, but summ of 1*number of 1star reviews + 2*number of 2 star reviews, etc).
And it will be good for gideros too, because newbies will see top apps by gideros.

Comments

• @unlying I like the idea, but it would be pretty hard to implement. Right now I don't see a way to collect information automatically, so each one developer would need to update their data manually. And I may tell you usually things like that don't really work :)

But sure we can try, maybe starting with this thread, posting info here?
  • @ar2rsawseen I don't think that it is best solution.
    I think that better to collect info while exporting projects. For example, my application "Быстрый пикап" exported as com.debia.rapick. So i can find it in google play like "rapick". I'm not sure, but it looks like gideros-creators can collect data about exported projects and fetch data about it in google play.
  • Although it might be a good idea, but I don't think that Gideros want or will implement anything to track exported projects, both of privacy issues and needed time for such implementation.
    And how do you think data can be collected from google play? Parsing HTML?
    Or maybe there is some sort of API that I don't know about?
  • What kind of privacy? Project name? You can see it when this app installed on your device. It is not a secret.
    Time to implement it to ide is minimal to send one string. It is not easy to create chart that will work with this data on www - yes.
    HTML is easy way and gideros doesn't have ton project now, so it is ok.
  • What kind of privacy? Project name? You can see it when this app installed on your device. It is not a secret.
    but what if somebody doesn't want to share project with community or not want to expose which game engine is used behind

• but what if somebody doesn't want to share project with community or not want to expose which game engine is used behind
    Community - huyunity

need a checkbox - "Take part in the top chart of Gideros applications" =)
    +1 to topic starter

• HTML is easy way and gideros doesn't have ton project now, so it is ok.
    Well would not agree to this, since there is a small team working in Gideros (basically one developer), think it would be much better to dedicate any time to other Gideros needs (improvements, features, etc)

Besides implementation is not easy, ok you send a string from IDE, then server receives it stores, it, then you need to create a cron job to go over all apps and store stats (which would consume much resources when there would be many apps). Than you need to create a webscraping template to extract data, which will need to be updated every time Google changes web design.

And then in the end you also need to create a page to display this data.

And BTW you could not get any stats besides star ratings, I don't think Google play show download statistics on public page, only in developer's console.

• gorkemgorkem Maintainer
    +1 for Arturs. I think it's doable, but not using manpower of Gideros staff. It needs lots of batch work, and then somebody should take the responsibility of maintaining the whole thing.