Also posted at: github /gideros/gideros/issues#559
I'm posting here are all other avenues have not yielded a response or a solution.
I've been trying to use Gideros on macOS Monterey and also sign up to the forum for support. Here are the issues I have encountered.
## Gideros Attempt 1
- I’m trying to run this but the fact the Studio app is not signed means it does not run or accept network connections on recent macOS.
## Forum Attempt 1
- I can’t sign up for the forum because I can’t run the “captcha” code snippet. A sort of chicken and egg scenario.
## Gideros Attempt 2
- I managed to ad-hoc sign the binaries and got them running and accepting network requests. So I could enter the code snippet and sign-up to the forum.
- I have to start the Player manually as the toolbar button does not work in this scenario.
## Forum Attempt 2
- But, new problem, my forum confirmation email has not arrived!
- After a week my forum account seems to no longer be nagging me to verify.
How to self-sign an app using an Ad-hoc signature. I think you'll need Xcode Tools installed to do this.
codesign --force --deep -s - MyApp.app
To date I have received no emails from Gideros.
Many would have given up by now, but let’s see this through.
I think these issues might indicate that you are turning away many users.
- macOS 12.6.7
- Gideros 2023.6 & 2023.7
- Safari 16.5.2