Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Export Encryption algorithms and compliance — Gideros Forum

Export Encryption algorithms and compliance

Hi, since I last updated my app to Apple App Store 15 months ago, they have begun to require uploaded "U.S. Commodity Classification Tracking System" approval forms :o (and/or a french form as well if published in France) - if the app uses certain ecryption algorithms:

Encryption algorithms that are proprietary or not accepted as standard by international standard bodies (IEEE, IETF, ITU, etc.)
and/or
Standard encryption algorithms instead of, or in addition to, using or accessing the encryption within Apple's operating system

I have ticked both encryption boxes at Gideros Export, basically for copyrighted reasons (allthough I'm not sure that is necessary - think iOS apps on the App Store are encrypted anyway).

I am kind of lost here. Does the Gideros export encryption meet these terms?

Comments

• hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Accepted Answer
    Hard to say, Gideros export encryption (of compiled code or assets) is basically a XOR of the data with a large block of random bytes. Not sure if that falls under a standard, but can it be considered encryption at all ?

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • Allright, thanks. It seems binaries are encrypted anyway when packaged and uploaded from Xcode to the App Store. So I might as I well untick the encryption option at gideros export and sidestep those form requirements. B)

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook