Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Which is the best way to insert Ads? — Gideros Forum

Which is the best way to insert Ads?

Which is the best way to insert ads into Gideros Apps?
I didn't find a plausible solution to that. I recently tried Appodeal but they say that I have to export my application, which makes nonsense to me.. hard work for nothing and with a minimum of explanation between how to handle both andoroid and lua. Ads interface isnt't explainable. Both ones has 'samples' that simply doesn't works... crashes... Don't like to walk in cicles on and on
Tagged:

Comments

• Apollo14Apollo14 Member
    edited April 2018
    hey @Paulo777

1) Install to your device Gideros Player with ads plugin (here's player that I use, with Ads/Bump/JSON plugins: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3n4d5ubvg59my8o/GiderosPlayer_WithAdsPlugin.zip?dl=0
    2) Open your game project, add 'Ads' plugin to project plugins list in the left sidebar
    3) Add this code to main.lua:
    require "ads"
    admob=Ads.new("admob")
    admob:setKey("ca-app-pub-3940256099942544/1033173712")
    admob:loadAd("banner", "ca-app-pub-3940256099942544/6300978111")

admob:addEventListener(Event.AD_RECEIVED , function (event) 
    	print(event.type, "ad received")
    	if event.type=="banner" then admob:showAd("banner") admob:setAlignment("center","bottom") end
    end)
    You will see admob banner when you run your game in Gideros Android Player, no compilation is needed.

> Newcomers roadmap: from where to start learning Gideros
    "What one programmer can do in one month, two programmers can do in two months." - Fred Brooks
    “The more you do coding stuff, the better you get at it.” - Aristotle (322 BC)
    +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • Apollo14Apollo14 Member
    edited April 2018
    I see 'admob:loadAd' is not mentioned in reference.
    Probably you missed it in your code @Paulo777 .

"What one programmer can do in one month, two programmers can do in two months." - Fred Brooks
  • Hey @Apollo14 thank you for the return. Didn't know that! I've searched a lot and coudn't find a solution.

Do I need to config something inside Ads plugin?

What about Appodeal? Is anything I can do to use it or does it just works to Admob?
  • I guess it's not necessary to set keys in Ads plugin, because we set them in our code anyway.

that's what I have in my Ads plugin config:
    adsPluginConf.png
    764 x 509 - 23K

• Paulo777Paulo777 Member
    edited April 2018
    @Apollo14 doing test didn't work. App crashes with no errors, and I googled the error when building the apk, and I realized that I don't have google repository in the android sdk manager, updated, and... like a charm!! Thanks for the help!

Your player didn't work for me because I also use "bit" plugin but anyway I'm sure it would work if i didn't use it, nevermind I rebuilt the apk and now I'm gonna do some tests. Thanks again.
  • But now I'm stuck into a situation, of how to add Appodeal into the project. I am searching for anything that can help me with how to add appodeal, I simply cannot find how to do this... how can I add appodeal and make it working? If you've ever used, or are using... beucause in the appodeal site, It explains that I have to export the project, when everything is done they don't explain nothing of what I have to do with the exported project... goes to the 'lua integration'... but how? nonsense... They don't even explain what to do with the exported project.... They have a 'sample' but it is even worst, it shows two folders, the exported project and the gideros project... The gideros project crashes.. I simply don't understand it seems that they are doing things half way... I'm start to give up on Appodeal and use admob... because... this way I can't...
  • I've decided to just plug admob and forget about it for some time.

How to monetize, what color of yacht to choose, what to get lambo or ferrari - we should start thinking about such problems after our apps became popular, not before it.
    (imho)
    +1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • olegoleg Member
    @Apollo14 монетизація часто впливає на геймдизайн, тому всеж про монетизацію треба думати до почату розробки гадаю..
    my games:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=razorback456
    мій блог по гідерос https://simartinfo.blogspot.com
    Слава Україні!
  • Paulo777Paulo777 Member
    edited April 2018
    oleg said:

@Apollo14 монетизація часто впливає на геймдизайн, тому всеж про монетизацію треба думати до почату розробки гадаю..

@oleg free apps I think of advertisement before the development, where it will be in, where to show it... I'm still beginner on that but I have notions about with experiences of the apps I already have, it depends too much of the app.