Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Gideros 2024.3 Released — Gideros Forum

Gideros 2024.3 Released

hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
Hi everyone,

I have just published Gideros 2024.3, which comes with several bug fixes and more work on graphics engine. Gideros 2024.2 had introduced some changes that made it sometimes slower than 2024.1, this ought to be fixed now with 2024.3, with additional performance boost over all previous versions.

Here is what changed:

Improvements

[core/viewport] Allow RT mode to capture full scene automatically
[core/viewport] Allow to specify render target clear option and color in setTarget()
[core/profiling] Improve profiling (async threads, yields, etc)
[gfx/rendertarget] Allow specifying texture attributes as a table, as in Texture.new, and allow enabling mipmapping
[gfx/backend/metal] Handle mipmapping

Fixes

[core/font] Add missing [!l] closing tag
[gfx/backend/gl] New VBO allocation algorithm
[gfx/backend/gl] Don't assume depth buffer is only cleared on depth test enabling
[gfx/backend/gl] Optimize state change calls
[gfx/sprite] Add missing depthClear flag from setDepthStencil call
[gfx/font] Fix strikethrough placement
[gfx/backend/dx11] Fix depth testing
[core] Fix access issue in Buffer object

Download it from here:
http://giderosmobile.com/download
Tagged:
+1 -1 (+6 / -0 )Share on Facebook

Comments

• MoKaLuxMoKaLux Member
    edited March 16
    thank you hgy29 for yet another great release!
    Please allow me some feedback ;) :
    - when in Gideros Studio, pressing CTRL+R to start the project causes Gideros Player to freeze and then force close. This happens from time to time though. This seems to happen since Gideros 2024.2 and 2024.3 not before.
    - Qt application:setFullScreen(true) doesn't seem to work anymore for me (since version 2024.3). This works in win32 export.
    isfullscreen = false

function myKeysPressed()
    	self:addEventListener(Event.KEY_DOWN, function(e)
    		-- modifier
    		local modifier = application:getKeyboardModifiers()
    		local alt = (modifier & KeyCode.MODIFIER_ALT) > 0
    		-- switch full screen
    		if alt and e.keyCode == KeyCode.ENTER then
    			isfullscreen = not isfullscreen
    			application:setFullScreen(isfullscreen)
    		end
    	end)
    end
    windows11 64bits

PS: I tried updating the wiki with new Gideros addition but it seems I am not smart enough to fully understand, test and then document all that is happening in this release (and the other ones) :(
    my growING GIDEROS github repositories: https://github.com/mokalux?tab=repositories
  • PaulHPaulH Member
    edited March 16
    Comment deleted - I'll take this offline
  • MoKaLuxMoKaLux Member
    edited March 18
    some more feedback please:
    application:isPlayerMode()
    doesn't work for me in latest release, not sure if it was working in version 2024.2. Previous to 2024.2 was working. my bad :s
    Sorry.
    my growING GIDEROS github repositories: https://github.com/mokalux?tab=repositories
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    MoKaLux said:

Qt application:setFullScreen(true) doesn't seem to work anymore for me (since version 2024.3). This works in win32 export.

Checked here and it works, but of course not for 'Enter' key in the player since Alt+Enter already toggles fullscreen in the player, so your code switches it back automatically.
    Try with another key, or try in an exported project.

• hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    MoKaLux said:

application:isPlayerMode()
    doesn't work for me in latest release, not sure if it was working in version 2024.2. </
    blockquote>
    This code hasn't changed for a while, but it is platform dependant. On which platform do you see the defect, and in which way does it fails ?

• MoKaLuxMoKaLux Member
    edited March 18
    thank you hgy29 o:)

I am sorry I made a mistake :s application:isPlayerMode() is working just fine, my apologize.

application:setFullScreen(): I have tested the same code on exported project:
    - Qt export alt+enter combination goes indeed full screen but the game freezes with the image all distorted (it looks like Gideros didn't have the time to fully render it and crashes)
    - win32 export setFullScreen has no issue

:)
  • keszeghkeszegh Member
    setFullScreen works fine for me on qt win export.

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • keszeghkeszegh Member
    btw my users have also noted that startup was very slow when compiled with previous version, but with this one it seems it's again good. so thanks.

+1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    I have released a quick update: Gideros 2024.3.1

Changes:
    [libraries] Update
    [gfx/texturepack] Handle mipmap and rawalpha flags
    [studio] Files in the project can now be marked as 'Never export'
    [library/3d] Be sure to set instance matrices when instancing is enabled
    [export/ios] Setup first framebuffer before init code
    [gfx/backend/metal] Allow large uniforms structures
    [export/quest] Enable Anchor and Scene APIs
    [export/uwp] Fix render target depth orientation for DirectX
    [export/apple] Add PrivacyInfo file
    [studio/themes] Make all themes Mac and Linux compatible
    +1 -1 (+5 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • keszeghkeszegh Member
    @hgy29 , i tried to add {mipmap=true} as 4th parameter to texturepack.new but i did not see any difference. without filtering i get the bad looking buttons in imgui (like i posted earlier in some thread), on the other hand with filtering on they are smooth but washed out.
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    @keszegh, did you enable both filtering and mipmap ? Currently in Gideros mipmap only works with filtering enabled
  • keszeghkeszegh Member
    yes, i tried that but the images were washed out. i will post a comparison image soon.
  • keszeghkeszegh Member
    edited April 2
    actually with mipmap it is worse than with only filtering (which is actually quite tolerable compared to how i remembered). for some reason i cannot attach image.
  • piepie Member
    edited April 3
    I am sorry @hgy29 I have some issue installing latest gideros on Ventura: might it be that the latest gideros 2024.3.1 macos has been built 32bit instead of 64? (that is what apple support page say when I look up for the error)

Thank you

p.s. @keszegh you can still attach images with attach file link, but for some reason you can no longer paste them directly inside the post and the preview thumbnail is broken :)
    Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.45.34.png
    278 x 323 - 101K
  • piepie Member
    pie said:

I am sorry @hgy29 I have some issue installing latest gideros on Ventura: might it be that the latest gideros 2024.3.1 macos has been built 32bit instead of 64? (that is what apple support page say when I look up for the error)

I am sorry it was my fault. I am not yet used to apple policies (or police :) ): running it from finder with shift pressed enabled the open anyway option.

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook