Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Build.Linux — Gideros Forum

Build.Linux

kinrpgkinrpg Member
edited August 2019 in Bugs and issues
Error displayed on terminal:
006a:err:module:import_dll Library spoutplugin.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Gideros\\Plugins\\spout.dll") not found
Captura de tela de 2018-10-02 00-39-55.png
1416 x 783 - 226K
Tagged:

Comments

• You can copy it from here:

2018-10-02_05-27-30.png
    710 x 145 - 13K

Coder, video game industry veteran (since the '80s, ❤'s assembler), arrested - never convicted hacker (in the '90s), dad of five, he/him (if that even matters!).
    https://deluxepixel.com
    +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • SinisterSoftSinisterSoft Maintainer
    edited October 2018
    But it is where it should be though - can you check it's there or not on your system?

2018-10-02_05-28-57.png
    567 x 495 - 65K

Coder, video game industry veteran (since the '80s, ❤'s assembler), arrested - never convicted hacker (in the '90s), dad of five, he/him (if that even matters!).
  • kinrpgkinrpg Member
    edited October 2018
    Well, the plugin is there.
    I tried reinstalling the program, see the wine settings but unfortunately I did not find what might be causing this "black screen".
    It is playing sounds, displaying the menu when you click the menu bar, and the application running on Gideros Player responds to mouse and keyboard.
    Should be something in my wine or operating system (Ubuntu 18.04).
    Because several windows applications that I have, including games, are running normally.
    So I have done it the longest way, I program the app, I export it to html and I test it in firefox, if it has any bug, the nom is that it now shows the debug in the browser :)

All my gideros games in exe is black screen.
    Captura de tela de 2018-10-02 01-41-12.png
    1366 x 768 - 143K
  • SinisterSoftSinisterSoft Maintainer
    Accepted Answer
    The best thing to do may be to follow the Raspberry Pi/Linux build instructions and make a full version for Linux - rather than use an emulator (Wine) ?
  • It would be very good a native version for linux. But I never got to do it.
    I follow the instructions but there is always some stage in which I am lost. I know it is shameful, but I am a very mediocre programmer for these things to mess with dll, systems etc ...
  • I think there are specific Linux build instructions somewhere - or you could follow the Raspberry Pi instructions.
  • I think there are specific Linux build instructions somewhere - or you could follow the Raspberry Pi instructions.

I could not install following the instructions. Informed tools and depts are old and confusing. Flee from my ability, since the last day I'm trying to install but without success. I can not afford to pay someone who has a handle on packaging etc. to make an installation easier.
    But I am also aware that this is lack of my knowledge and that the program is native to windows.
    Gidero Studio, Gidero Texture Packer, Gideros Font Creator work normally.
    Only games using Gideros Windows Player that gets the black screen. Even while continuing to receive clicks and making sounds.
    A curiosity that shows how the problem is in my system is that the steam games made in gideros that uses the steam play proto to run on linux works normally.
    I'm programming and exporting to HTML5 or running until I can solve it ... Or, I do not know, install a virtual machine with windows inside or test until you can copy in linux.
    Well this is the report of the event so far.
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    @kinrpg, have you tried my prebuilt Linux version of Gideros ? http://forum.giderosmobile.com/discussion/comment/57612/#Comment_57612

Is that doesn't work you can try to follow instructions here: http://wiki.giderosmobile.com/index.php/Compiling_Gideros_Source
    They have been updated for linux

• hgy29 said:

@kinrpg, have you tried my prebuilt Linux version of Gideros ? http://forum.giderosmobile.com/discussion/comment/57612/#Comment_57612

Is that doesn't work you can try to follow instructions here: http://wiki.giderosmobile.com/index.php/Compiling_Gideros_Source

He had not done that. The only thing I knew was that txt from the dropbox on the site.
    I'll try out your package and anything, using copilar using the instructions of the following link.
    Thank you.
  • hgy29 said:

Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (version 0x50905) with this library (version 0x50a01)
    I tried to run your compiled package but gave the above message. I assumed it was a problem with the version of my qt, so I downloaded the one indicated in the Gideros wiki that you passed the link but the message continues.
  • That's saying you have 5.9.05 somewhere (0x50905) and you need 5.10.1 (0x50a01).
  • That's saying you have 5.9.05 somewhere (0x50905) and you need 5.10.1 (0x50a01).

I'm still in the fight.
    I installed the QT versions, if I give a qmake -v it shows the right version. I was manually hunting every place that points to QT, I installed the full versions of 10, 10.1 and 11.
    But he still gets to use 5.9 when he's going to run that copied hgy29 package.
    Worse than mexi in so much, but so much thing here that until the GiderosPlayer of the wine version stopped working.
    It's strange ... I researched everything in the forum and website ... In several languages I had similar problems but I can not hit the spot on my Ubuntu.
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    I forgot to say that to run apps on my package, you may need to launch it from a terminal and type ‘export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/my/package’ before, for instance, ./GiderosStudio

• I'm trying to copy using the tutorial on the wiki. On the third try, it lacks some instructions, requests some extra libs. But it's going. I'll fix it, clean it in the makefile and go again. I gave the error but the idea of gideros studio has already opened :D

Progress.
  • hgy29 said:

I forgot to say that to run apps on my package, you may need to launch it from a terminal and type ‘export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/my/package’ before, for instance, ./GiderosStudio

"/path/to/my/package" Ai is to place where I unpacked your package?

Alias, let me ask. What did you put in Makefile.def?
    I left it as below because I searched, but I do not know what words it puts in the parameter. In no place did I find out about qt architecture and etc.
    QTBASEDIR=~/Qt #Qt in my home
    QT_ARCH=clang_64 #???
    QT_TOOLSARCH=clang_64 #???
    QTVER=5.8 #5.10.1?
    QT5ICUVER=54 #deprecated stuff
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Accepted Answer
    Here is my Makefile.def for Linux:
    QTBASEDIR=/opt/Qt
    NDKBUILD=cmd /c C:\\android-ndk-r10d\\ndk-build.cmd
    JAVA_HOME=C:/Program\ Files/Java/jdk1.7.0_21
    ANT_HOME=C:\\Applications\\apache-ant-1.9.4
    ANDROID_HOME=C:/Program\ Files/Android/android-sdk
    FXC="/c/Program Files (x86)/Windows Kits/8.1/bin/x86/fxc.exe"
    MSBUILD="/c/Program Files (x86)/MSBuild/14.0/bin/msbuild.exe"
    EMSDK_PREFIX=cmd //c
    CRUNCHME=crunchme-win32.exe

MAC_HOST=user@host
    MAC_PATH=gideros/gideros
    OSX_SIGNING_IDENTITY="ID"
    OSX_SIGNING_PASSWORD="keychain password"

QT_ARCH=gcc_64
    QT_TOOLSARCH=gcc_64
    QTVER=5.10.1
    QT5ICUVER=53

• kinrpgkinrpg Member
    edited October 2018
    I want to dedicate this little victory to the friends of the forum and the gigantic patience and support of the friends @hgy29 and @SinisterSoft.
    Gideros 18.10 copilado successfully on Ubuntu 18.04.

My compiled package: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ObzP-GVOiK0spWCXckRDwO5BkKWE3_TO/view?usp=sharing

:D

Captura de tela de 2018-10-09 21-07-24.png
    1366 x 770 - 486K
    +1 -1 (+8 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • @kinrpg thank you very much for the contribution and effort also. o:)

• i don't know if this makes it easy to provide also a linux and/or raspberry pi installation package together with the other ones on the download pages? (at least for every nth release)

• kinrpgkinrpg Member
    edited October 2018
    The return of the black screen of chaos :-D
    Good thing the GiderosPlayer of Linux now turns black that neither the version via wine.

I rebuild all gideros linux from the zerado code and still the black screen of the GiderosPlayer desktop remains :-(

Sadness. I do not know if any of this information is relevant but when opening GiderosPlayer through the terminal it gives this information:
    kinrpg@kinrpg-Vostro-3550:~/gideros/Build.Linux$ ./GiderosPlayer
    ATTENTION: default value of option vblank_mode overridden by environment.
    GLFMT:SWAP: 0
    GLFMT:STENCIL: 8
    GLFMT:DEPTH: 24
    GLFMT:BUFFER: QSurfaceFormat::SwapBehavior(DoubleBuffer)
    GLFMT:FSWAP: 0x7fe85c094020 0x7fe85c094040
    GLFMT:NSWAP: 1544110112
    GL_VERSION:3.0 Mesa 18.3.0-devel - padoka PPA

GLSL_VERSION:1.30

Captura de tela de 2018-10-27 22-37-51.png
    1374 x 768 - 153K

• hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Interesting, the NSWAP value is obviously incorrect. Let me check if that can cause trouble and if so how to workaround...

• hgy29 said:

Interesting, the NSWAP value is obviously incorrect. Let me check if that can cause trouble and if so how to workaround...

Today I turned on the computer, and both GiderosPlayer linux and windows (running with Wine) were running normally.
    Oh and NSWAP has changed too:
    GLFMT:FSWAP: 0x7f88dc0dc020 0x7f88dc0dc040
    GLFMT:NSWAP: -603078624
    GL_VERSION:3.0 Mesa 19.0.0-devel - padoka PPA

I do not know what happened but I'm happy to get back to normal.
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    NSWAP is still incorrect though, but this time it is negative at least

• Black screen again :'(
    GLFMT:FSWAP: 0x7f2b74e4a020 0x7f2b74e4a040
    GLFMT:NSWAP: 1961140256

• hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Since you are building from source, I suggest you comment out that line https://github.com/gideros/gideros/blob/master/player/Sources/glcanvas.cpp#L392
    I it seems your system returns a no op implementation of swap control functions. I will try to fix the code to cope with that
  • hgy29 said:

Since you are building from source, I suggest you comment out that line https://github.com/gideros/gideros/blob/master/player/Sources/glcanvas.cpp#L392
    I it seems your system returns a no op implementation of swap control functions. I will try to fix the code to cope with that

Black screen :neutral:
    But... NSWAP negative
    kinrpg@kinrpg-Vostro-3550:~/gideros$ ./Build.Linux/GiderosPlayer
    GLFMT:FSWAP: 0x7fbaf00c8020 0x7fbaf00c8040
    GLFMT:NSWAP: -267616224

• kinrpgkinrpg Member
    edited January 2019
    Greetings friends,

I am here giving a "feedback" about the problem I was having with Gideros Player on my computer with Ubuntu 18.04.

By all indications the bid to change the value of NSWAP and leave the black screen had been by some influence of the video drivers. The black screen of Gideros Player happens with the following video drivers in my ubuntu:

ppa: paulo-miguel-days / pkppa (steam vulkan recommendation for Steam Proton Beta)
    mesa-vulkan-drivers and mesa-vulkan-drivers: i386

ppa: oibaf / graphics-drivers

After uninstalling these graphics drivers (running the standard Ubuntu video drivers) Gideiros Player came back to work normally, which encouraged me to do a simple game for a gamejam :).

Many thanks to everyone who has helped me.

It is much more practical to natively run applications.

The game: https://gamejolt.com/games/xerigato/391591
    kinrpg@kinrpg-Vostro-3550:~$ gideros/Build.Linux/./GiderosPlayer
    GLFMT:FSWAP: 0x7f09bc0a0020 0x7f09bc0a0040
    GLFMT:NSWAP: -1140195296
    GL_VERSION:3.0 Mesa 18.0.5

But, although the Gideros Player itself is running. All menu options for screen resolution in both Hardware and Zoom and Setup are not working or being triggered. When I need to resize the screen or I leave in fullscreen or click and drag the edges of the Gideros Player window.

• hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Did you try with latest codebase ? A few things have been fixed to cope with missing/badly implemented swap functions
  • hgy29 said:

Did you try with latest codebase ? A few things have been fixed to cope with missing/badly implemented swap functions

Thanks for letting me know. I am using the 2018.10 version, as soon as I finish the service here I will download and try to copy the latest version (2018.12?).
  • hgy29 said:

No build :-1:
    kinrpg@kinrpg-Vostro-3550:~/Downloads/gideros$ sudo make -f scripts/Makefile.gid 
    cd ./libpystring; qmake libpystring.pro
    cd ./libpystring; make 
    make[1]: Entering directory '/home/kinrpg/Downloads/gideros/libpystring'
    make[1]: Nothing to be done for 'first'.
    make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/kinrpg/Downloads/gideros/libpystring'
    cd ./libgvfs; qmake libgvfs.pro
    cd ./libgvfs; make 
    make[1]: Entering directory '/home/kinrpg/Downloads/gideros/libgvfs'
    rm -f libgvfs.so.1.0.0 libgvfs.so libgvfs.so.1 libgvfs.so.1.0
    linking libgvfs.so.1.0.0
    /usr/bin/ld: não foi possível localizar -lGL
    collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
    Makefile:378: recipe for target 'libgvfs.so.1.0.0' failed
    make[1]: *** [libgvfs.so.1.0.0] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/kinrpg/Downloads/gideros/libgvfs'
    /home/kinrpg/Downloads/gideros/scripts//GidQtLinux.mk:107: recipe for target 'libgvfs.qmake.rel' failed
    make: *** [libgvfs.qmake.rel] Error 2
    /usr/bin/ld: could not find -lGL

I have not even found anything on the internet about this "-lGL". Which is?