Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Bug in Gideros 2016.06? — Gideros Forum

Bug in Gideros 2016.06?

test29test29 Member
edited July 2016 in Bugs and issues
In the new Gideros when I try to restart PC player (File/Restart) I get error: "cannot open init.lua: Invalid argument".

Also when you have two or more PC players and quickly try to start all of them (select player and press play) not all gets started, in previous version (2016.04) this worked. Button "Start to all Players" don't start all PC players, just one (this is the case in version 2016.04 too).

Comments

• piepie Member
    Do you have an init.lua file in your project? If not, as a workaround add a blank init.lua file and see if it works
  • test29test29 Member
    edited July 2016
    Yes, I have init.lua.

In 2016.04 everything works (I have this morning installed 2016.06).

This usually happens when I have two or more PC players. When it is only one it works most times.

Also I noticed that closed players takes much more time to get removed from players list in comparision to previous version.
  • SinisterSoftSinisterSoft Maintainer
    I have just tried with two players and it works ok for me.
    Coder, video game industry veteran (since the '80s, ❤'s assembler), arrested - never convicted hacker (in the '90s), dad of five, he/him (if that even matters!).
    https://deluxepixel.com
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    edited July 2016

Also I noticed that closed players takes much more time to get removed from players list in comparision to previous version.
    Yes, timeout for removal has been set higher to avoid connection issues when a player doesn't respond fast enough. I don't think it actually happened, but I thought it wouldn't hurt.

• test29test29 Member
    edited July 2016
    Also when I try to reset PC player (File/Reset) and it fails with error, when I click on play in editor all PC players get thrown to back even if the Always on top is checked, and then I must uncheck and then check back Always on top to stay on top.