Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
How I compile Gideros on OSX with QT5? — Gideros Forum

How I compile Gideros on OSX with QT5?

edited October 2014 in General questions
I installed qt-creator with QT5

I tried following this: http://giderosmobile.com/DevCenter/index.php/Build_Gideros_On_Mac

It is not working well, first I lost a day just because of macports (the command to install jpeg for some reason triggered a reinstall of imagemagik, it took about 4 hours to finish), and then I was not finding the scripts (it is really NOT clear where the scripts are).

When I DID found them, to my dismay all paths are hardcoded (and obviously don't meet my local system paths, specially because I don't install stuff on "/"!!! who the hell install stuff on "/"?)

So, any other way to compile it? It does not compile with Qt-Creator either (it gives like 97 errors, all of them in qt files... but QT creator, after much work here, now compiles its examples just fine...)

Example of qt-creator errors:

/Developer/Qt/5.3/clang_64/lib/QtWidgets.framework/Headers/qsizepolicy.h:52: error: variable has incomplete type 'class Q_WIDGETS_EXPORT'
class Q_WIDGETS_EXPORT QSizePolicy

/Developer/Qt/5.3/clang_64/lib/QtWidgets.framework/Headers/qsizepolicy.h:163: error: expected a class or namespace

/Developer/Qt/5.3/clang_64/lib/QtWidgets.framework/Headers/qsizepolicy.h:172: error: expected ';' after top level declarator
Q_WIDGETS_EXPORT QDebug operator<<(QDebug dbg, const QSizePolicy &);
I make games for children: http://www.kidoteca.com

Comments

• @speeder_kidoteca the paths are hardcoded because the build is usually done on a virtual machine's snapshot, where all is installed and is teardown after

the error you mentioned seems to be due to incorrect QT version, like compiling qt4 scripts on qt5 environment.

I really don't know much about osx, but for me for windows the process was as easy as opening qt projects in qt creator and building them, but maybe I had some prerequisites already before