Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Way to specify 'child directed' for admob in the ads interface? — Gideros Forum

Way to specify 'child directed' for admob in the ads interface?

AniketAniket Member
edited August 2014 in Plugins
Admob has a way to specify that this ad is for kids, as listed here https://developers.google.com/mobile-ads-sdk/docs/admob/additional-controls

the way for android is to add the following code:
AdRequest adRequest = new AdRequest.Builder()
.tagForChildDirectedTreatment(true)
.build();

For ios it is:
[request tagForChildDirectedTreatment:YES];

Is there something in the labs to enable this for admob?

I've already modified the appropriate files actually and am testing the integration, though I've just hardcoded to true and that's fine right now.

Comments

• ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    Accepted Answer
    @Aniket all ad providers usually allow to set it in the account, but admob has to be different :)
    Unfortunately no way currently, but you can set it yourself, in respectively AdsAdmob.java (Android) or AdsAdmob.m (IOS), usually in the end of the loadAd method.

If you can't find it, ping here and I will show you exact location ;)

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • AniketAniket Member
    edited August 2014
    @ar2rsawseen I just finished adding it! Thanks for making the library easy to modify. I would like to know how this is integrated with lua though, I wouldn't mind building this out and sending you a patch, trivial though it may be.
  • ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    edited August 2014 Accepted Answer
    Unfortunately it would not be so easy to integrate new method in lua and would require rebuilding the plugin.

I will come up with a way/API to do that later, whilst trying to provide same interface to all ad frameworks ;)

So for now, you would need to modify it to specific Child oriented apps

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • @Aniket you can also disable specific ads types in your admob account - this is what I did.

Go to admob web site, pick your app and switch to "sensitive ads" tab - from there you can disable sensitive categories like dating, gambling etc.