Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Migrating from 2011.9 to 2012.2 — Gideros Forum

Migrating from 2011.9 to 2012.2

atilimatilim Maintainer
edited October 2012 in Roadmap
Hi,

With the introduction of 2012.2, we've decided to do some changes on the Gideros API. We want to get rid of previously made design mistakes as soon as possible so that the API can grow up healthy and strong.

Here is the list of changes: http://www.giderosmobile.com/documentation/migrating_from_2011.9_to_2012.2.html

Unfortunately, these changes may force you to do some changes on your current codes. Thanks for your understanding.

Best,

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook

Comments

• Eh. We'll get over it ;)

+1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • Hi,

Unfortunately, these changes may force you to do some changes on your current codes. Thanks for your understanding.

Best,
    no problem at all.
    thanks.

TNT ENGiNE for Gideors Studio - Particle Engine, Virtual Pad, Animator Studio, Collision Engine - DOWNLOAD NOW !!! IT'S FREE!!! -
    www.tntengine.com
    +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • I really like the new "Core.class" features, thanks!
  • Hi, I downloaded the new version and tried to make the suggested changes to my code. However, when I have "fobar = Core.class(Sprite)" I get an error saying: "attempt to index global 'Core' (a nil value)".
    But when changing back to "fobar = gideros.class(Sprite)" everything works fine.

I also tried to change the "event.touches" to "event.touch" But when I try to access for instance " event.touch[1].x " I dont get any print message in the output window.

Typing:

for i=1,#event.touch do
    print(event.touch[i].x.. "X Pos")
    end

gives me nothing, whereas

for i=1,#event.touches do
    print(event.touches[i].x.. "X Pos")
    end

gives me the position. I guessing I'm doing something completely wrong...

• atilimatilim Maintainer
    For Core.class, I suspect that you're not using 2012.2? When you start the player, can you see 2012.2 on top of it? (I've attached a picture)

And for event.touch, you should write
    print(event.touch.x, event.touch.y, event.touch.id)
    without looping.
    Screen shot 2012-02-13 at 1.37.06 PM.png
    389 x 171 - 44K
  • For Core.class, I suspect that you're not using 2012.2? When you start the player, can you see 2012.2 on top of it? (I've attached a picture)

#-o
    That was the problem, I was using Gideros studio 2012.2 but I was using the "old" 2011.9 player on my device... That also explains why it worked on the computer but not on the device

Installed the new player on my device and now it works like a charm!

And for event.touch, you should write
    print(event.touch.x, event.touch.y, event.touch.id)
    without looping.
    Ahaa, now I get it.

Thanks!!!