Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Starting a blog in spanish with gideros content — Gideros Forum

Starting a blog in spanish with gideros content

edited May 2014 in Step by step tutorials
Hey i hope this is the right place to post this.

I'm doing a blog in spanish mainly about gideros and it's environment: box2d, lua, etc. So if you know people that speaks spanish and doesn't understand english(like 90% of the people in my country) but wants to make games maybe you could recommend it.

The address should be on my signature.

Greetings and thanks

Comments

• jdbcjdbc Member
    edited May 2014
    This is my blog: http://jdblazquez.wordpress.com/

I was planning to make another blog focus on Gideros and Lua.
    I guess at least 50% of spanish people can read english, but only 10% can really speak it!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Este es mi blog: http://jdblazquez.wordpress.com/

Tengo pensado hacer otro blog pero más centrado en Gideros y Lua
    Creo que el 50 por ciento de los españoles leen inglés, pero solo lo hablan el 10%
  • Hey @HubertRonald, i didn't know about that translation, thanks man.

@jdbc i kinda started making games with cocos2d but when i tried gideros i got hooked, it has a really small learning curve and the community is great. Let me know when you start that blog please :).
  • HubertRonaldHubertRonald Member
    edited May 2014
    Hi @marcianoACuerda I also speak spanish, but I'm a bit lazy to write in Spanish and after in English (for this reason I am not a lawyer LOL ) =))

I really do not want to be rude to the people who do not speak Spanish or "Portunhol" on this forum, because I want to share some observations.

1.- Well Mandarin, Spanish and English... are language more speaks on the world
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_languages_by_number_of_native_speakers

2. -But percentage of the internet is more higher in English, Mandarin, Spanish...
    http://www.internetworldstats.com/stats7.htm

3.- As a developer... English is the standard (point 2) I say this because seems to me a good idea the translation of Gideros documents to Spanish :D but sooner or later as developer have to deal with Eclipse or Xcode and its documentation is in English (in better quality) and there are more people working in that language and you can find answers faster. And I said here before that this is a Achilles heel because we are talking about three different platforms with its own technology and business rules.
    But I say it again is not a bad idea to translate Gideros documents but you have to see the whole process of application development.

4.- On the other hand if we were consumers of applications we do we must pay attention to point 1 and we found this
    the number don't lie
    http://www.wpcentral.com/idc-windows-phone-91-surge-2013-shipments
    windows phone has found its niche market in Latin America (although I know that @OZApp is not a fan of this system :P )

5.- Gross Domestic Product Per Capita (GDPPP)
    Latin America is between $10K to $20K (but within 10 years the region will be better)
    but as you know the tech world changes very fast in 10 years (RIP: hi5, winamp, hotmail, etc.)
    for me it would be interesting take care of this market, but I do not know if the Gideros team ( @gorkem, @atilim, @ar2rsawseen) have prioritized do first Desktop (PC or / and MAC) or Windows Phone or something else.

That's just my two cents!
    Nos vemos pronto -- See you soon
  • Yes, i agree with all your points. Thats why i don't write in spanish here, i kinda assume that everyone here understands english.

And i do the blog in spanish because i really like teaching, but in Chile(where i come from) only 3% of the population can comprehend english. So if i want to motivate people to learn how to code, to learn how to make games i have to help them to make an easy transition. Heck, maybe coding is a soft way to learn english.

I'm amazed to know we have a similar gdp with china.

Nos vemos :)>-
    edited May 2014
    It's amazing to have a neighbor here in Gideros :D

I'm from Peru (but currently I do not live there) and you're right to the theme of teaching English through coding and video games.

Have a nice day
    Que tengas un buen día :)>-

P.D. Spain (our motherland) also have a similar GDPP with China.
    Hopefully the whole region (Latin America and Spain too) follow the right path of human development and economic growth.
  • jdbcjdbc Member
    edited May 2014
    For Windows Phone market, the best choice should be than Gideros could export to HTML5 code!! Tizen, Windows Phone, Facebook Canvas and more supported.

Or may be a Gideros to HTML5 compiler. I found Lua easier than Javascript + HTML5, but there are some HTML5 frameworks as Phaser making really easier to support browser games.

For example Facebook have changed its Facebook Graph API 2.0 and only games developed for Facebook Canvas can use invite_friends feature for same Android or iOS game, and sure Samsung will change Android for his Tizen soon.

I guess HTML5 will be the future.

Por cierto aqui en España el Real Madrid ha ganado la Copa de Europa. Saludos.
    edited May 2014
    Hi @jdbc nice reply
    I think than HTML5 still its performance is more lower than native application (clear whether the games are very heavy and eat a lot memory), maybe a Hybrid can be a nice solution... like I said maybe.

Por cierto aqui en España el Real Madrid ha ganado la Copa de Europa. Saludos.
    Sí lo leí en las noticias... fue un partido de infarto (4-1) pero el Real Madrid ganó su décima "Champions League" y sí mantienen ese ritmo pueden ganar la copa del mundo nuevamente... bien por ustedes que les apasiona el fútbol. :)>-
  • It may be because of price ranges, but here Windows Phone never caught on. It's mostly low end android phones and tablets.

And everything points to js becoming the languaje of the future. Thats why google is inventing things like dart. But for now i guess a desktop version of gideros makes more sense.

Y @jdbc creo que nos veremos las caras en el mundial B-)
  • Hi @unlying
    Do you speak spanish? I don't know about it.

Hi @jdbc you got it
    http://giderosmobile.com/forum/discussion/4266/save-game-data-on-the-cloud/p
    The idea looks interesting