Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Another newbie, jumping in feet first! — Gideros Forum

Another newbie, jumping in feet first!

edited August 2013 in Introduce yourself
Hi Guys,

My name is Mark I am a New Zealander currently based in Slovakia. I have been building apps with Gamesalad for a while but want to branch out in to the real world and build something actually useful!

I have two side projects I am working on at the moment that I would love some community feedback on:

Project one, is a catalogue app for a friends equipment rental business.

Project two, is a Android bluetooth robot control for a Johnny Five Robot (from Short-Circuit movie fame).

Both of these are pet projects I would like to use to learn to develop with lua and Gideros, however I do have some questions that I hope someone might be able to point me in the right direction.

Q1: Adding a "search bar" maybe with prediction? I am having problem trying to find how to do search function, and whether or not do this with tables or sqlite? Any ideas..

Q2: Calling bluetooth functions from with in Gideros. I read that some people have been looking to do this, but there is not any follow on information if they were successful or if it was possible?

If anyone has any ideas about projects it would be really great to hear them!!

Cheers,
Mark

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook

Comments

• Hello @midgetmountain
    well while theoretically all this stuff are possible with Gideros, it will not come out of the box. Because Gideros is targeted at mobile 2d game development.

Sqlite is supported out of the box, but not native ui and bluetooth.

You can do native UI with some bridges available and for Bluetooth you would need to create a plugin (I think there were already members doing something with bluetooth, but can't remember specifics)
  • Thanks @ar2rsawseen, funny just after I wrote this I had another thought and looked in to phonegap. It maybe better suited to my needs for the time being, but I will be back. Anyway thanks for your reply.