Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Problem with iOS publishing. — Gideros Forum

Problem with iOS publishing.

edited December 2012 in General questions
Hi folks,

Since this is the last day of 2012. I would like to wish you a new year of health, wealth, happiness, luck, warmth. And loads of love of your dear ones.
Happy New Year 2013.

About my question :D last night I successfully built my game for iOS device but there are something that I still get in trouble:

1. After drag and drop icon to my Xcode project, simulator has game icon, but real device does not, just the blank default icon.

2. What is minimum iOS version to run Gideros? My target build is 3.1, again iOS emulator works but my device is iOS 3.1.3 and the game close right after opening

(I added it as my test device, and had a valid provisioning profile. My iphone has jailbreaked)

Why so many games on market has minimum iOS about 4.x, why don't they support all range of devices?

Thank for your help :D
Tagged:

Comments

• NascodeNascode Guru
    Accepted Answer
    Hello and happy new year :)

I will try to anwer your questions:
    1. Have you tried to delete the app first on real device and run it again from XCode?

2. Your device is on iOS 3? That's rare nowadays, looks like you have old generation of iDevices. For your app to target full screen display on iPhone 5 resolution, you must target at least 4.3 and compiled using up-to-date XCode

Devs build for iOS 4.x to avoid minority of old gen & slow devices. And to use more feature of iOS. iOS users tends to keep uptodate, iOS 5+ is now on 80%+ compatible iDevices

have fun with our games~
    http://www.nightspade.com
    +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • hgvyas123hgvyas123 Guru
    edited December 2012 Accepted Answer
    @thanhquan1512

i am not sure but i think if you are using ttf font than you must have to set minimum ios version to 3.2 also you have not said which device is with you does this iphone 3g or ipod 2g? if yes they have very low ram i think so 128 mb only so there is also chance that you are out of texture memory.

about the icon it has also happened with me previously i think so the reason was i had not putted that in root directory although it might be also possible that i had old app already installed as @nascode has said.

:)

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • edited December 2012
    @Nascode and @hgvyas123: Awesome, thank you very much.

1. Yes, it's kinda obsolete because I just want my game supports old generation devices. I will update my iOS version now.

I think texture memory is not a problem since my phone can run Plant vs Zombie, FIFA10, NFS, etc..

2. You're right, my icon was not putted in root directory, I will try to fix it tonight.

Again, thank you for fast response, everything is clear now.

EDIT: For your information, it works when I upgrade to iOS 4.1. A bit slow because of my out date device.