Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Push notifications, and command-line usage — Gideros Forum

Push notifications, and command-line usage

DaleDale Member
edited August 2012 in Roadmap
Love the product, very excited about the latest release. It seems to work very well (and nothing broke!)

I noticed that push notifications for iOS were at one point slated to be added in the "next release." I'm assuming this latest release didn't follow through with that, correct?

I'm curious what the problem is with providing a push notification plugin. It's been listed as "something you can do with plugins" for awhile, but Gideros hasn't provided such a plugin, nor has the community. Is there something inherently difficult with doing so?

It seems to be one glaring hole in the core functionality of Gideros, as compared to the competition (IMHO). (And it's a piece of functionality I require for one of my apps. I'm not sure if I'm up to the task of writing my own plugin just yet.)

Similarly, Atlim mentioned that this release has the ability to use Gideros with other IDE's (command line tool for compiling/uploading to player)? Does this exist yet? (I prefer my own editor, and tabbing to GS and hitting Cmd-R for every change is slightly awkward. :)) Very excited to see the command-line access, when it becomes available (or documented). [Edit: Found it here http://li229-214.members.linode.com/forum/discussion/comment/10679 ]

Thanks.

-d

Comments