Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Alternative editors — Gideros Forum

Alternative editors

DaleDale Member
edited August 2012 in Roadmap
I really appreciate the responsiveness and quick develop/test ability of Gideros Studio/Player (it's one of the deciding factors in using it).

However, I prefer to use a different editor for my source files. Right now, to get the Player to reload after a code change, I have to switch to Studio, hit alt-R, then switch back to my editor.

I wonder if it might be easy/useful to add a feature to the Studio (perhaps as part of the refresh-files-when-changed bug that's in the roadmap), whereby Studio could (optionally) restart the player whenever a source file changes (inside or outside of the Studio).

It would go a long way towards allowing the use of other editors, while still retaining the power of iterative development the Player offers.

Another alternative would be some command-line way of telling Studio to reload the Player (which I could then just call from my preferred editor). But spot-the-files-and-refresh would probably be simpler and just as useful.

Thoughts?

-dale

Dislikes: jack0088

+1 -1 (+0 / -1 )Share on Facebook

Comments