Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Can't openUrl on iOS device? — Gideros Forum

Can't openUrl on iOS device?

lizistormlizistorm Member
edited August 2012 in Bugs and issues
I used application:openUrl("mailto:user@foo.com?subject=Test&body=Just a test") to send a mail. It works on guiders player on Mac. But nothing happens on real device.

This problem also happens when using share button to open a share link on twitter and Facebook. It won't open the browser when touching the share buttons on iOS device.

Not have an Android device. So not checked it on android.

Comments

• In android i used share button (facebook, twitter) and it is working. Maybe can it be related that there is no default program defined to open email or internet?
  • I had the same issue and it turns out that the spaces in the email are the problem for an iOS device, even though they work on a Mac. If you change them to %20 then it should work. Like this:

application:openUrl("mailto:user@foo.com?subject=Test&body=Just%20a%20test")

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • I had the same issue and it turns out that the spaces in the email are the problem for an iOS device, even though they work on a Mac. If you change them to %20 then it should work. Like this:

application:openUrl("mailto:user@foo.com?subject=Test&body=Just%20a%20test")
    that's right, i faced this before