Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
FPS comparison in Gideros Player, XCode Simulator and a real devire? — Gideros Forum

FPS comparison in Gideros Player, XCode Simulator and a real devire?

______ Member
edited July 2012 in General questions
I'm making a game.

It runs smoothly on Gideros Player, but when I ran it on XCode's iPad simulator, it was pretty laggy.

The log showed fps of around 35-40 when all the animations and user interactions were going on.

Anyone else have the same results? How well did they perform on your iPhone/iPads?

(I'm still waiting for Apple developer program approval, for more than 2 weeks :()
People call me "underscore".
Tagged:

Comments

• jack0088jack0088 Member
    edited July 2012
    As far as I've tested it e.g. with my gideros illustrator library, the GiderosPlayer alway runs at 30fps whereas the real device brings it up to 60fps. I had a short discussion with atilim and honestly don't remember how it turned out.. but I think it's normal that every simulator shows a different fps))))
    Anyways .. there hasn't been any lagging issues!
    Owltwins. Smart design and creative code.
    »Gideros Illustrator« - [svg|xml] scene designer using Adobe Illustrator®™ Within one line of code!
  • ______ Member
    Hmm. Which device did you test on?
  • GiderosPlayer, iPhone 3gs 16GB, iPad2 16GB Wifi
    Owltwins. Smart design and creative code.
    »Gideros Illustrator« - [svg|xml] scene designer using Adobe Illustrator®™ Within one line of code!
  • ______ Member
    Ok. I'm feeling a little better then :)
  • ______ Member
    And do you remember what the performance was in XCode's simulator?
  • ______ Member
    @talis Hmm, did you get around to testing with debugging off?
  • @___ debug mode off means signed apk. What i tried with pagecurleffect class.(more than 100 pages)
    1-init.lua i override print function with empty one.
    2-I exported to eclipse and signed it there.
    3-And installed to my desire hd.

Speed really increased. In addition you can check your programs memory usage like this in kilo bytes
    print(math.floor(collectgarbage("count")))
    If it is always increasing than it means that there is some memory leak in the code. Because as far as i know it should increase a little and than stabilize in some point.
  • ______ Member
    That's good to hear. I just hope my game runs as smooth as it runs on the Player, on atleast iPhone 3G.

And yes, I checked my memory usage using that, it hovers at around 400-500kb. Doesn't go beyond that. Automatic garbage collection works well.
  • @___ If you will publish your game in android platform i will be happy to test it in my htc desire hd or htc rhyme or Argos android 3.2 tablet or sony xperia android 4.x. Just let me know.
    I am rich in android devices these days:D
  • ______ Member
    edited July 2012
    I have no Android devices, so I can't even try it :(

I'll contact you when the game is done :)