Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
iOS - Retina confusion — Gideros Forum

iOS - Retina confusion

techdojotechdojo Guru
edited July 2012 in General questions
Can anyone explain the workings / purpose of the "iOS" tab on the project properties?

I managed to get "retina" support working by adding some double sized resources (with an @2x suffix) and creating an entry in the Image Scales table of the project properties (ie add @2x to the end of each image - before the .png, and set the scale entry to 2) - all good.

I tested it working by hue shifting the @2x graphics and then changing the player res from iPhone to iPhone4 and re-running my app - bingo, just as expected (hot tip for noobs : You don't have to change ALL your graphics, just the "important" ones, large background images etc can probably be safely scaled without too much loss of quality and it'll save masses on your final app size!) - obviously remember to set a scaling mode, either in code or via the project properties otherwise nothing happens!

However I couldn't find any references in the docs or the ultimate guide as to what the purpose of the settings on the iOS tab were for?

I can still see my @2x images regardless of what I set the Retina Display entry too and while I suspect that "Autorotation" will allow me to pick up with and deal with orientation changes at runtime I've no idea how to handle them and pick up any "events" that might be raised.

Any advice much appreciated (unless it's from @Scouser and doubly so if it's to do with making coffee!)

:)
WhiteTree Games - Home, home on the web, where the bits and bytes they do play!
#MakeABetterGame! "Never give up, Never NEVER give up!" - Winston Churchill

Comments