Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Hardware keys — Gideros Forum

Hardware keys

StoffeStoffe Member
edited November 2011 in Roadmap
I guess this isn't an issue on iOs, but a bit more so on Android, and especially for me who has an Xperia Play. :)

Would be good to a) be able to take input from hardware keys and b) capture certain events/keys such as the back button and have that go to menu instead of exit the game, for instance (or the other way around if that's desirable).

Some info on the extra buttons on Xperia Play: http://blogs.sonyericsson.com/wp/2011/02/13/xperia-play-game-keys/

Sony seems very interested in supporting games that are "Play Optimized" and it's also a great gaming device, so could be interesting to support, if nothing else just by allowing to read the presses and maybe a link to the guide.

Comments

• atilimatilim Maintainer
    You're right. Capturing and dispatching events on android keys is in our list with high priority. Btw, are you happy with the performance of Xperia Play? This is one of the devices we haven't tried on it yet.
  • I'm generally happy with the performance, however it was a bit weaker than other phones already when it came, which was a bit of a surprise for a gaming phone. As a result, games like Battlefield 3, that are advertised as "Xperia Play optimized", do lag quite a bit, enough to not be as fun as they could be in my opinion. However, I think it holds its own well otherwise, and for emulators of old games nothing beats those physical buttons. :)

If you have some specific stress tests you would like to run I'd be happy to throw them at my phone.
    That'll be great. I'll contact you about this. (I'm also big fan of old emulator games :) )
  • If it isn't too much to ask, just being able to capture (and stop) back button would really really help out, so that one can back to the menu instead of closing the app. Catching menu button would be nice as well, but the back button is kind of important. Not that I don't understand that a lot of things are very important. :)
    You're right. Maybe, we decide to support back and menu buttons as soon as possible and then later give support to other buttons. I also think that back button is the most important of all.