Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Build an AAB from Gideros — Gideros Forum

Build an AAB from Gideros

Yet again returning to my old speech therapy app (doing well out there).

I thought of not having go through Android Studio each time building an .aab archive, so I tried building one in the Gideros Exporter. But I get this every time:

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
A problem occurred configuring project ':app'.
> Could not open proj generic class cache for build file 'D:\Google Drive\DPX\Exports Android\Ljuda med Boo\tmp\app\build.gradle' (C:\Users\thoma\.gradle\caches\7.5\scripts\eq8cj0qydz2r5e73s4tusmb0r).
> BUG! exception in phase 'semantic analysis' in source unit '_BuildScript_' Unsupported class file major version 63

I have no idea what went wrong. It seems to be something with gradle (don't know how that works, should I?). A "normal" export works without issues. Any ideas, anyone?

Comments

• piepie Member
    edited October 2023
    aab export works for me (not tested with latest gideros 9.1 yet, but I am confident it would. I could check later)

from here it appears it is a java version issue

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/68597899/bug-exception-in-phase-semantic-analysis-in-source-unit-buildscript-unsup

and there is also this

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/32513740/gradle-build-failure-could-not-open-proj-class-cache-for-build-file

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • saeyssaeys Member
    edited October 2023
    Big thanks for quick answers. So, a compatibility issue with Gradle and Java. My Gideros is running a script in a 7.5 folder, and Gradle 7.5 doesn't work with my Java version 19.

But then again, there is also a 8.0 folder, and also this message (whatever that means):

Deprecated Gradle features were used in this build, making it incompatible with Gradle 8.0.

Does Gradle use different versions of itself in the same process? :)

I guess I need to downgrade my Java to test my luck.
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    I don't Gideros is compatible with gradle 8.0, I think you'd better stick with 7.x series and java 17. Latest android studio (giraffe) still uses Java 17 btw.
  • piepie Member
    saeys said:

Deprecated Gradle features were used in this build, making it incompatible with Gradle 8.0.

I get the same warning but the aab is generated correctly
    I don't know if that might help but I specified SDK dir and JDK dir using those coming with android studio

C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk
    C:/Program Files/Android/Android Studio1/jbr

• I stepped down to Java 17 and it works. Also, my Android Gradle plugin 7.4.2 cannot be used with Android SDK higher than 33.

Oh, so I don't actually need a separate Java install since there is already one included in Android Studio install?

Thanks a lot guys!

• saeyssaeys Member
    Reviving this thread since my new question somewhat relates to above;

To be able to update an app in Google Play Console after the end of this month, the app's target level needs to be at least 34. My Gideros exports fails when using anything newer than Android SDK Version 33 (or if I leave the optional SDK and Tools fields blank), because it seems the Android Gradle plugin version cannot handle it. But the export succeeds when setting Android Target Version to 34 (or 35), leaving the Android SDK Version and Tools at 33 / 33.0.3. Is Android Target Version exactly the same as targetSdkVersion? (I can find no manifest when using the Gideros exporter only)

• MoKaLuxMoKaLux Member
    edited August 6
    Try making an apk (google still accepts those, just drag and drop).

Leave all paths empty (Gideros picks Android Studio paths).

If that doesn't work it may be the ad plugin if you are using it, in that case do as you did.

Hope this helps!?

PS: I updated one app to 34 (no ad) and that worked

my growING GIDEROS github repositories: https://github.com/mokalux?tab=repositories
  • saeyssaeys Member
    Thanks for the reply,

It turns out that I actually can use SDK 34 with Tools 34.0.0 (but not the latest available 35 / 35.0.0), allthough the export log tells me that the current gradle (7.4.2) is tested up to 33. Good enough for me B)

apk or aab makes no difference in successful export or not.
    Leaving all paths empty doesn't seem to make any difference either.
    Leaving the optional Android SDK and Tools Versions fields empty leads to failed export (I believe export then picks the highest available SDK (35) which obviously isn't compatible with... the gradle?)

It would be nice if there were simple english explanations of (and the relations between) these terms in the gideros wiki:
    Android Target Version
    Android SDK Version
    Android Tools Version
    Gradle

• keszeghkeszegh Member
    edited August 14
    i also want to export to android (aab) with sdk 35 so that i don't need to update my apps yet again on google play for as much time as possible.
    how can i do that? perhaps gideros needs to be updated before i can do that? thanks

when trying to export i get the following red lines:
    "Warning: SDK processing. This version only understands SDK XML versions up to 3 but an SDK XML file of version 4 was encountered. This can happen if you use versions of Android Studio and the command-line tools that were released at different times."

"FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
    Execution failed for task ':app:bundleReleaseResources'.
    > A failure occurred while executing com.android.build.gradle.internal.res.Aapt2ProcessResourcesRunnable
    > Android resource linking failed
    aapt2.exe E 08-14 09:13:27 5800 17060 LoadedArsc.cpp:94] RES_TABLE_TYPE_TYPE entry offsets overlap actual entry data.
    aapt2.exe E 08-14 09:13:27 5800 17060 ApkAssets.cpp:149] Failed to load resources table in APK 'C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\platforms\android-35\android.jar'.
    error: failed to load include path C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\platforms\android-35\android.jar.

* Try:
    > Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace.
    > Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.
    > Run with --scan to get full insights.

* Get more help at https://help.gradle.org

BUILD FAILED in 23s
    Exec returned: 1
    Export failed! See details above."
  • btw i just installed android studio. do i need to install java jdk separately too?
  • MoKaLuxMoKaLux Member
    edited August 14
    keszegh said:

btw i just installed android studio. do i need to install java jdk separately too?

no java jre and sdk are shipped with android studio install. Gideros gets those paths automatically.

sdk 35 isn't released yet, still in beta :)

The Third Beta of Android 15
    my growING GIDEROS github repositories: https://github.com/mokalux?tab=repositories
  • @MoKaLux , google is really pushy then, i will try to postpone updating until sdk35 is final.
    btw what do they mean by "You won't be able to release app updates (17 days away)"?
    the app stays on the store but when i want to update then i need to send an apk/aab with a newer sdk? that's fine with me as i don't plan any updates. or do they pull the app from the store?
  • afaik if you pass a certain delay, google won't let you update your app/game but you can push a new release (not update). For the store I remember that if your app has some issues, it will have limited visibility on google play.
  • what is the difference between an update and a new release? the latter goes through more scrutiny?
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    From my understanding, I think they mean that using SDK 34 will be required if you want to update your app past August the 31st. I agree it is poorly worded though, and I may be wrong. The second thing is that your app may not be visible to new users unless you upgrade the SDK anyway.
    I have a few apps in the same situation, but they've not been downloaded enough for them being worth to upgrade. I feel like it is ok they disappear from the store until I feel like updating them.

• yes, i want to leave my apps that don't generate an income in the appstore so that people may enjoy and play them anyhow. maybe even make them free.
    just google makes this so hard. the convenience of stores has the drawback that all the apps in the world disappear at some point unlike old dos or console rom games that can become abandonware but still available. but i think we had this discussion before. it's just still annoying.
    thanks for keeping gideros updated so that we can update our apps as well relatively easily.