Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Has anyone used Gideros to upload and download content with AWS CloudFront? — Gideros Forum

Has anyone used Gideros to upload and download content with AWS CloudFront?

I'm working on a feature that will let users create and share custom content in a game. Potentially hundreds of users would create content, typically around 20 MB per package, and some users may create many packages. Thousands of users would each download a number of those packages over time. It's likely that the storage and bandwidth would become a problem for the web hosting I use for most things, so I'm considering using Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud Front to handle that.

Has anyone used CloudFront or other AWS features in a Gideros game? If so, how did that go?

Or has anyone used some other service to let users upload sizable content?

Paul

Comments

• hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    I never used cloudfront nor AWS, I mostly use dedicated hosting with custom software of mine to handle my stuff. Typically Apache+MongoDB+Java.

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • I've always done something similar. PHP scripts, MySQL databases, and often moving data in encrypted JSON. I'm concerned the hosting I use would have issues if a lot of people use the custom content I'm adding. It could exceed a TB per month of bandwidth and add several GB per month to the stored files. That's why I thought it might be time to consider AWS. That, and an API I operate that's recently had its traffic increase many times over.