As per the title says, this basically an idea that came into my mind. I can't sleep so I must share it. 😅
I think this concept will greatly benefit Gideros Engine itself and us Gideros devs as a whole.
Let's name it "Gideros Arcade" for example.
So this how it works:
1. This app is a Arcade Store app downloadable in Google Play, since 3rd party game store is a big no in PlayStore. (This app can be an upgraded version of gideros player apk with additional features to support the functions of the store)
2. A server (can be firebase I think or another reliably cheap server) that will be used to facilitate the publishing and approval of games made with gideros to Gideros Arcade. A review system in the server, powered by Gideros community itself (via voting i think) for quality checking of games/app before it can enter the gideros arcade.
2.1 Or to cut cost for a server, an update cycle (example weekly update in play store to list newly submitted game inside the arcade store)
4. The arcade store have a tracking system for the play time, ads showing, etc. of an individual game. This will help to calculate the individual revenue of a game inside the arcade app.
5. The arcade store will have a single ads account or IAP account and a wrapping API for a game to use to show an ads or sell goods. The tracking system will do the job to calculate how much a specific game will make. So, in every earning cycle, the revenue of Arcade Store minus the server cost and will be divided among the games inside the arcade store based on metrics (play time, ads cpm contribution, etc).
So what are the benefits?
1. Promotion - Gideros Arcade will be promoted by devs with a game inside the store
2. Saves time - No more headache in compiling apk because the game is a just a gideros project running inside upgrade gideros player
3. Gideros Engine will be promoted because everybody can submit a game in gideros arcade. Gideros Engine is the only way.
5. A guaranteed earning for devs (I think lol) specially if Gideros Arcade gets millions of downloads.
What can you say about it guys?