Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
asyncCall missing in old project? — Gideros Forum

asyncCall missing in old project?

piepie Member
edited January 2019 in Bugs and issues
Can this happen? :o

Same Gideros studio version, old project (made last year) and new project (made yesterday).

If I
print("aSync", Core.asyncCall)
in the old project output I get
aSync	nil
In the new one I get
aSync	function: 0088B214
Any idea on where it's gone?
Thank you

Comments

• i get "aSync function: 032FD6B0" with latest 2019.1 version. maybe you made a typo or else i don't know what happened.
  • piepie Member
    edited January 2019
    I suppose that the reference to the function may be different even from different runs of the same release, now I get 0084D3F8: I am still on 2018.12 and waiting for the download of 2019.1 to see if this fixes it.
    However, no typo, same ctrl+c - ctrl+v line. I'm going to check in other projects as well..

Edit. It's there in every other old project as expected, but it's missing in this one. How could it be?
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Maybe you redeclare global variable Core to be something else in that project ?
  • piepie Member
    Not that I am aware of, and I don't think I would have had the need to do it. Maybe this happens in some third party class I used.
    I will try printing Core.asyncall value in file loading order to see if it disappears from a certain point on, thanks
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    you could also dump keys of 'Core' object, this may give a hint.

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • piepie Member
    thanks, that did the trick!
    it was Leaky by Andy Bower: do you know if we have an alternate method to get the same debug output? Basically it keeps track of how many instances of any class are "live" in any moment.