Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Multiline text - TextWrap and Display — Gideros Forum

Multiline text - TextWrap and Display

rolfpancakerolfpancake Member
edited May 2016 in Plugins
While searching for creating a multiline textfield I ended up with TextWrap and Display.

TextWrap seems to be the thing I am looking for. Is there a possibility to get the height of the multiline text?

Display sounds cool too - the feature list is nice. But it seems to be offline. Every link on the page leads to a dead end. Is this still online somewhere else?

Comments

• antixantix Member
    Just off the top of my head..

If you know the height of one line of text then you can get the textFields number of children (getNumChildren()) and multiply that by the lineHeight.

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • talistalis Guru
    edited May 2016
    I first time saw display framework. Kinda missed it i guess while i was away. Maybe before it went offline someone downloaded it and be so kind to share with us☺
  • Okay I noticed that my question was asked in a wrong way. Had the calculations in mind but didn't know how to get the number or height of lines. Thx for the getNumChildren @antix!

TextWrap does not work with setScale (no line break when text overflows and the actual width is not returned by getWidth so there is no way to check this) - but I think I can circumvent this by calculating some proper scaling factor based on the width of a hidden TextField.

I am still interested in the Display thing...