Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
GiderosCodingEasy Questions :) — Gideros Forum

GiderosCodingEasy Questions :)

NinjadoodleNinjadoodle Member
edited July 2013 in General questions
Hi guys,

I'm new to Gideros and have been exploring the website, forums and samples. I found the helper library GiderosCodingEasy and it seems like it really simplifies the coding process.

Is this library going to be added to Gideros itself?

I can't find any documentation on how to use it in detail.

For example if I wanted to add an animated box2d character, how would I go about it?

Thank you very much in advance!

PS. Gideros looks really good and I hope I can get my head around it, so I can use it for app development :)

Comments

• Hi guys

I've been having a look at Movieclips and Box2d but I still can't see how to make them work with the helper library - GiderosCodingEasy.

Anybody have any idea whether this is possible?
  • ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    Hello @Ninjadoodle

yes unfortunately there is not much of tutorials on GCE currently
    but there is pretty overall ones like this:
    http://appcodingeasy.com/Gideros-Mobile/Animating-Box2d-objects

In my understanding, you could use movie clip as sprite object used in GCE example provided with the GCE lib :)

I'm sorry but lots of stuff needed to do, just running through the forum here :)

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • NinjadoodleNinjadoodle Member
    edited July 2013
    Hi thank you for the link :)

I've been playing with the code a little bit, but when I try to use a movieclip with GCE, I see it appear quickly on screen, then fly off.

I guess it's not possible to use a movie clip like you would use a bitmap ...

--place image on screen
    local ball = Bitmap.new("ball.png", true)
    :setPosition("left", "center")

--create circle based on image
    world:createCircle(ball, {type = "dynamic", draggable = true})

if anybody knows how you would use a movieclip (if possible) in the above example, that would be awesome!
  • ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    Accepted Answer
    @Ninjadoodle yes you are right, there was a bug in GCE which I've fixed and updated repo, also here is a sample project running same project I've posted a link for but using GCE ;)

zip
    zip
    Box2D_animated2.zip
  • NinjadoodleNinjadoodle Member
    edited July 2013
    @ar2rsawseen Thank you! You rock! Just tried it with a movieclip and it works :)

This really should be a part of Gideros itself, it makes setting up Box2d much quicker! It also, deserves some tutorials written about it :)

Thank you again!
  • Hi I just tried gideroscodingeasy lib (it's really impressive, it should be included in gideros by default) but I had an issue on Sprite:setPosition() all over my project:

this one fixed everything, and now I am fine;
    (I don't know if it was a mistype or if it should've been working anyway :) ) @ar2sawseen - thank you for sharing this (and everything else). :)>-

function Sprite:setPosition(x, y)
    return self:set("x", x), self:set("y", y)
    end