Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
OUYA — Gideros Forum

OUYA

totebototebo Member
edited June 2014 in Marketplace
OUYA: Worthwhile or not? Experiences?
My Gideros games: www.totebo.com

Comments

• SinisterSoftSinisterSoft Maintainer
    not
    Coder, video game industry veteran (since the '80s, ❤'s assembler), arrested - never convicted hacker (in the '90s), dad of five, he/him (if that even matters!).
    https://deluxepixel.com
  • Ouya is a great Mediaplayer with XBMC but nothing more.
  • ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    For what, for playing? Yes, sure, there are lots of games I bought and played there a Shadowgun, Cave, Pocket RPG, Final Fantasy 3 and now Broken Age

For developing, also yes, if you want to add a Controller support to your game, OUYA is an easy way to test it. Of course I do the same with

For selling, then probably no. Simple mobile games won't cut it. they won't even make a trend. In app purchases is also not the way to go there.

The only shot is make a good/more than casual game, make couple of demo/trial levels and allow to buy the full version.

Then is the only way to make some money there, and also that is not guaranteed

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • totebototebo Member
    Thanks for the responses guys. Then my No Brakes doesn't seem a good fit, at least not yet.
    My Gideros games: www.totebo.com
  • Personally, my Oyua makes a fantastic emulator for SNES / Genesis games, although it hasn't been on in a while, I would like to play my own games on the big TV but I think it's more a vanity thing that a viable market.

That said - IF you've got a good game and it's selling well across other platforms AND it's only a small job to port it over then it might be worth the (small) effort, but I wouldn't (at the moment) target it as your primary device - unless you want to.
    WhiteTree Games - Home, home on the web, where the bits and bytes they do play!
    #MakeABetterGame! "Never give up, Never NEVER give up!" - Winston Churchill