Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Step by step Gideros Mobile to APK — Gideros Forum

Step by step Gideros Mobile to APK

3DMagicVR3DMagicVR Member
edited March 2012 in Step by step tutorials
Hi every one, may be this is not the right place but I don't know where to ask this, I new about Gideros and Eclipse compiler stuff, few days a go searching a good 2D game maker I find this program (Gideros Mobile) and looks good to me, making some test in GM find that it's very easy to make some basic game functions (movement, color change, etc.) even I could test it with my smartphone (Android) everything was OK but when I try to make an APK the stuff was not so easy, searching on the web find some info about how to import the GM files in to Eclipse to make the APK, and when I do the steps showed I got this errors:

- AndroidManifest.xml -
-- String types not allowed (at 'configChanges' with value 'keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation|screenSize') --
-- tag appears after tag --

- MobileTestActivity.java -
-- The method getActionIndex() is undefined for the type MotionEvent --
-- The method getActionMasked() is undefined for the type MotionEvent --

I try to fix that but no results I don't know what to do, if any one can tell me about a good tutorial or how to do that, that will be very nice, thanks in advance.

Comments

• atilimatilim Maintainer
    edited March 2012
    Hi,

Most probably you only need to install Android 4.0.3 SDK. It seems you have Android 2.1 right now.
  • Hi atilim, thanks for you reply, I will try that, hopes it solve my little problem, sorry to ask you this but, can you tell me if I need to do something else to make my APK, like setup the project or how to set the AndroidManifest, thanks in advance.
    Hi 3DMagicVR,

You just need to replace your application icons and nothing else.
  • OK, when the android sdk finish to update the files I will make some tests, thanks for your reply, have a nice day.
  • gorkemgorkem Maintainer
    @3dmagicvr I personally suggest you that don't get too alarmed with compiling using Eclipse. Just go with the Player for quite a long time and when you are about to finish, try compiling using Eclipse.

I'd say, focus your efforts on the mechanics, sound, graphics, first and stick with the Player.
  • Hello again, I already update to android 4.0.3 and now have this error:

-AndroidManifest.xml -
    -- String types not allowed (at 'configChanges' with value 'keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation|screenSize') --

I sincerely don't understand, What can I do?, thanks in advance.
    Can you see Android 4.0.3 in your project? (I've attached a screenshot) If not, can you close, open and clean your project? Also can you check your project.properties file. You should see the line:
    target=android-15
    Screen Shot 2012-03-10 at 12.01.03 AM.png
    376 x 182 - 20K
  • Thanks for the advice gorkem, but I realy want to understand how the eclipse works to compile the apk, I'm new about making games using a compiler ( I already use Unity3d to make games for Android :-) ) and I want to start to make 2D games, that's why I really need to understand how a compiler in this case Eclipse made an APK file.
  • 3DMagicVR3DMagicVR Member
    edited March 2012
    Thanks for the reply atilim, I can build my project, but it's Android 4.0.3 and that not suit my smartphone (Android 2.3.4), if I try to make it to that version I got this error.

-AndroidManifest.xml-
    -- String types not allowed (at 'configChanges' with value 'keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation|screenSize') --.

What's wrong?.
  • Sorry I change my comment, the situation it's to compile the apk to Android 2.2, I can make it to a higher version (4.0.3) because I don't have that type of device.
    edited March 2012
    You always build your project with the latest SDK (4.0.3) even if you're targeting a lower version. So, simply build your application with Android SDK 4.0.3 and deploy it to your Android device (2.3.4). (If you look at AndroidManifest.xml, you can see the statement android:minSdkVersion="8" which means you can deploy your apk >=2.2)

+1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • OK, now I can see my app in my phone (Run Mode), so, the final step it's to make it an apk file, how can I do that?, this it's my final question, for now, thanks for all your help, :-bd .
    You're welcome :)

Right-click your project, select Export..., choose Android > Export Android Application. But in order to create an .apk file, you should create a keystore. There is a plenty of information :-B here: http://developer.android.com/guide/publishing/app-signing.html
    edited March 2012
    Hello again, thanks for your reply, I finally got my sample in my smartphone and runs great, but now I got a little problem, how can I load/change from an intro/menu to a submenu/gamelevel?, maybe asking to much but I don't know Lua very much, on Unity3D it's very easy but in GM I really don't get it and there's no sample in GM, thanks in advance.
  • ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    Well you can do it using SceneManager. Each scene would be a intro menu, sub menu or gamelevel.

Here is an article about SceneManager class:
    http://appcodingeasy.com/Gideros-Mobile/Manage-Scenes-in-Gideros-Mobile

And here is a template, where scenes are used:
    http://appcodingeasy.com/Gideros-Mobile/Gideros-Mobile-Game-Template
    edited March 2012
    Thanks for the reply ar2rsawseen, that helps me a lot. :)bd
  • staticstatic Member
    edited March 2012
    Hello, I am a newbie using Gideros studio and I was able to make a game pretty fast.
    It is truly awesome for game development. I am having a problem creating an APK that works in my android phone (or emulator).

I have installed the player on my phone and I connect to to my phone and the player via a WI FI connection.

I can connect to the "player" and play the game via the Gideros Studio.

This work great. I am happy with the game play and I want to export it and create an APK (so that I can put it in the Market)

I export my project from Gideros Studio and I open eclipse.
    I import the project into eclipse with great ease.

I had to run the "fix project properties" from the android tools. I am not sure what the reason, however eclipse wanted to do this. I now have no errors.

When I "run" the project in the android emulator and the apk installs and opens.

Soon as it opens, it then forces a close:

The error "The application has stopped unexpectedly."

I then try to export the project and create an APK. I go thru the process, create a keystore and I upload the file to my phone and I have the same experience.

Am I missing a step? Thank you in advance for any help.

Hi,

If possible, can you send me (atilim@giderosmobile.com) the .apk file that I can track down the error.