Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
making a quiz game — Gideros Forum

making a quiz game

Unknown Member
edited September 2012 in Game & application design
Hey, I'm new to Gideros and game developing. I'm going to make a quiz/trivia game, and I've looked through the game template to try to learn this framework.

1. What kind of databases does Gideros support (like XML/JSON/SQLite3)? Gotta store those questions and the answers to them somehow...
2. I want to place 1 quiz question at a time on the screen, which the user can go back and forward to like pages in a book, say in a pool of 30 questions. I would also like to populate each page with questions from a database at runtime, preferably in random order. Can this all be done from one scene?

Thanks.

EDIT: On 2nd thought, I think I'll leave Gideros, because I think this game is way too simple for this engine, and I'll go with jQuery mobile instead. Thanks anyway though.

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook

Comments

• ohh no i had just made the example for this any ways it might be useful for others
    zip
    zip
    quiz.zip

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • This engine still has some benefits for simple games. I have a pretty simple math quiz type game written in native android (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.conntek) but I am looking a creating a version with gideros for some added benefits:

Quick deployment: I test in two different phones and a tablet, usb deployment is a pain.
    cross platform: I hope to release an iOS version
    Simpler code: Android is good, but there is a lot of messing with activities and layouts for such a simple UI.
    Eye Candy: being able to add some OpenGL type effects, I dont have good 2d art.

Why I would not use jquery mobile (or any other web framework):
    Performance is terrible. It may not seam like much but having quick UI (tap) response for quiz games is important.
    Even with Jquery mobile the cross platform behavior is also not great and while the app works it is disappointing (this is based of business type apps I prototyped at work).

• KKyuKKyu Member
    Hi,

How can I add different level and score etc in this quiz. I tried them however it's not working . I'm new to this Gideros coding. Please help me or suggest me. Thank you :)
  • jdbcjdbc Member
    For levels you can use a lua table in the following way:
    Levels = {}
    Levels= {
    {question = "Quiz question 1", score = 2000}
    }
  • KKyuKKyu Member
    edited March 2014
    Thank you so much for your help >Jdbc :)