Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Any ETA on Desktop Deployment and LuaJIT integration? — Gideros Forum

Any ETA on Desktop Deployment and LuaJIT integration?

hatenameshatenames Member
edited August 2013 in Roadmap
I hate to be the one who makes a topic for this, but as of August, is there any ETA on Desktop ( PC and Mac ) deployment options along with LuaJIT integration? For developers who need desktop as well, this would be the holy grail. Would greatly appreciate any news on this. Thanks in advance

+1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook

Comments

• ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    edited August 2013 Accepted Answer
    Well we were talking about that internally and there too many variables on the list to figure out the time and the order of the features properly. Like to get Dekstop, we need to move to QT5 before. Then to get LuaJIT, we need to separate Lua from Gideros, than maybe we will discover that it is better actually finish some smaller task of OpenGL2 port (where also some separation both from lua and Gideros requried) before separating Lua to get LuaJIT, and in this kind of way, we basically are working on multiple features simultaneously, because they are interconnected.
    Currently Atilim is more doing some business related stuff, and we will discuss this again after he will be back.
    But just to give you a sneak peak, most probably our main priority will be to create an semi auto build system, so we could much easier roll out the new releases (As far as I know Atilim already started working on it). Currently too much time is required to build and pack a release. So after we make it happen, we could start rolling out beta's in Gideros Labs. And then maybe we could more freely separate the feature builds and release them in the Labs without the worries of releasing completely unreliable main build.

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • Thank you very much for taking the time to write out a response, I really appreciate it.
  • Thanks for letting us know. Once desktop and gl2 are out of the door, it's really going to be interesting ;)