Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Talented Mobile Games Programmers/Designers an opportunity — Gideros Forum

Talented Mobile Games Programmers/Designers an opportunity

symonbsymonb Member
edited April 2013 in Game & application design
Hi I am looking for probably 2 maybe 3 mobile apps developers prepared initially to work for sweat equity + CASH once it flows. i.e. we agree rates, we agree milestones and we keep mutually acceptable rate.

If this does not suit you, then that don't respond. Everyone has a choice, if you want be part of something that has a good chance of being very successful then great.

The initial game I am developing will be very simple and designed to stand alone but also to get a Kickstarter campaign going that will raise funding for the main event.

Timing is important. I expect the initial work should take no longer than 4 weeks. Android, i-phone, i-pad, Win Mobile, PC, Blackberry + dBase and content interface. This will not be a graphics busy game, it is not complex but about content and it will connect to others in the Cloud. We have already produced some of the content. I will give you a full written brief.

A couple of points:

- I want to work with good people, ambitious, talented and not scared of getting the job done. Can do attitude and professionalism is good - I am not interested in working with primadonnas.

- I will insist on an None Disclosure Agreement (NDA) being signed before you get any detail. This commits you to nothing except not ripping off my IP (as if) :-) or going to see Zynga and telling them you have a great idea. Please dont waste my or your time asking for more information if you wont sign and NDA

- If we get the first game out there it will have a very big and hungry market and it will be just the beginning.

- We will agree a notional 'budget' you are working to. Once and if the company gets going you will get paid what you are owed plus some stock.

If you then want to join the new company OK. If you want to continue as a freelancer but with stock that is fine.

I hope I can find a few people here who I enjoy working with and who will share in the rewards of what I have already created.

Get in touch on here if you are interested and we will take it from there.

All the best.
SB

Comments

• "Sweatquity" - I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Danger Will Robinson.
    +1 -1 (+5 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • Just a link

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • symonbsymonb Member
    edited April 2013
    I did not suggest to anyone it would be free. I said equity, plus time sheeted, agreed fees paid IF and when the game raises Kickstarter funding and then be part of its success. I write have done a lot of that has been upfront risk work to gain business. Trust me after bidding pennies for shit work from Peopleperhour I have no illusions.There should be no such thing as free work but there is such a thing as investment of effort in return for more than you get just selling your labour. Everyone makes a choice so sell their time how they wish, clearly you have made yours and I respect that. Thanks for your comments SB
  • The problem here is "...cash once it flows". To me this says you work for free and if you have luck, you make some money. The markets are overcrowded. There is no guarantee for nothing. To many times people thought they had the best idea ever. And what did their apps make? Nothing. Getting a hit is mostly luck. You need luck that apple chooses your app to showcase it. If that does not happen, then you won't sell. Anyway, good luck and lots of success in you efforts. I am sure you find people.

Just one question. What was so bad about working with people of "peopleperhour" or other similar sites?
    +1 -1 (+3 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • I already work on "...cash once it flows" project :-)

+1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • @symonb: Looking at your first post & what you require, I don't think you will get much joy on here.

This forum is dedicated to the Gideros Mobile framework which at present does not support PC, Win Mobile, Blackberry or dBase so your timescale of 4 weeks is not going to happen with most devs here.

I would also suggest that if you are serious about what you say in your first post then you should spend the time to actually read some of the forum before spamming it with pie in the sky offers to devs.

There are other frameworks out there which do support most of the systems you are targeting but again you will not find many devs using them willing to take up your offer.