Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
"GiderosApplication cannot be resolved" EDIT: Not actually resolved :P — Gideros Forum

"GiderosApplication cannot be resolved" EDIT: Not actually resolved :P

joelghilljoelghill Member
edited October 2012 in Bugs and issues
Hello,

I was trying to debug a new version of one of my apps as an Android application. I wasn't having much trouble, except I kept getting a strange crash whenever loading specific scene. Not being able to find the issue, I realized I had only been exporting the assets of my application to eclipse, and so I did a "full export" (for a lack of a better term), as I assumed my app required plugins that were not present in the eclipse workspace.

I'm now working in eclipse, and I cannot seem to run the application at all. There are several errors in the source code that were not there before. I've included a screenshot to highlight them.

WHat am I missing here? Since the new version of Gideros Studio was released has there been a change to what one must do to export to eclipse and run apps as android applications?

Comments

• ScouserScouser Guru
    Accepted Answer
    Looking at that image, it doesn't appear to be the latest release of Giders Studio. The latest version has the following 2 lines
    	private boolean mToBeResumed = false;
    	private boolean mLostFocus = false;
    after the line
    	private GLSurfaceView mGLView;
    Maybe this is where your problem lies. If you don't have the correct Java files, there is no guarantee that you have the correct gideros.jar in your project.
  • Hmmm.... I clicked "Accepted Answer" a little too quickly. I was in fact not using the lastest version of Gideros Studio, but after updating I am still having the same issue.
  • On closer inspection, instances of the line "JavaNativeBridge" in an older working version have been replaced by "GiderosApplication" which seems to be part of the problem.

Example:

public void onStop()
    {
    audioDevice.stop();
    JavaNativeBridge.onStop();
    super.onStop();
    }
    is now:

public void onStop()
    {
    GiderosApplication.getInstance().onStop();
    super.onStop();
    }

Does anyone have any insight as to what this change was, and perhaps why the code isn't working?

In the above example the error is "GiderosApplication cannot be resolved"

Thanks.