Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Greetings :) — Gideros Forum

Greetings :)

c0ppoc0ppo Member
edited October 2012 in Introduce yourself
I come from Croatia, and have been developer for a long time now. But only desktop and web development (.net, c#, php,...), so I'm rather new to game development. Actually, just started a month and a half ago.

I think I have a great idea for a game (don't we all?:) ), so I finally decided to take my time and learn to code for mobile devices as well. My friend suggested Corona SDK to me, they have a indie game studio. I find it quite easy to learn and use Corona, but even as a novice in Corona, I found some silly limitations to the framework. And then decided to google for alternatives.

That's how I got here. Been reading forum posts, and I see that there are a lot of ex Corona useres here.
So far I can't really comment on gideros mobile, but it seems very similar to Corona (Lua of course), but not limitating like Corona is.

Only downside to gideros is the documentation. At least my first impression. Corona has really nice books, tutorials, and even video courses. So far on gideros I found no tutorials for starters, but the plus is this community which is more willing to help. Again, at least my first impression :)

So I'm gonna try using gideros, and probably switch from corona to gideros. So guys, If you have any starting point tutorials for newcomers like myself, please reply with links, don't be shy :)

P.S.
And yes, of course I went trough documentation :)

Comments