Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
ARMv X — Gideros Forum

ARMv X

linker_ualinker_ua Member
edited January 2012 in Roadmap
Hello! First of all wish you and your families to be happy and healthy in new year.

Now about my problem. Help me please!
My friend and I have made our beta version of the game, we was testing it on Google Nexus One (ARMv7). Works Perfctly.
I have bought android phone, MTK6516 processor based (ARM5, 460mhz)
Project developed with gideros shows 0.5 - 1 FPS.
Then I build clear project with one physic body, which was falling.. FPS was the same.
I that the problem is the ARMverison.
But I have found some physic 3D games, which works ~20FPS.
Will you build any version of gideros mobile, which can works well at ARMv5 processors

I think that this issue is important, because I have known that more than 25% of android phones owners of my friends have ARMv5.
Tagged:

Comments

• MikeHartMikeHart Guru
    edited January 2012
    Happy new year to you too!

This is a really old and SLOW CPU family. I am surprised Gideros ran at all as I thought only ARMv6 and ARMv7 are supported.
    Just out of curiousity, which phone did you buy and where?
  • atilimatilim Maintainer
    Happy new year :)

To tell the truth, I haven't known there exists ARMv5 based android phones :) Most probably we can nothing to do. Instead of CPU, maybe the OpenGL is the bottleneck.

I also wonder which phone did you buy and where? Also is there a game (e.g. angry birds?) running well on this phone?

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • Chinese android cell phone.
    My keyboard layout doesn't let me write this hieroglyphs :D
    it has also known as "star a910"
    Chinese android phones become more popular in Ukraine and countries in the former USSR. (caz cheap and smart phones are )
    There are a lot of games which run and work well on it.
    I'll record video review of some games how does they fast or slow work and will post it at my next comment in 24 hours.