Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Running on the iPhone — Gideros Forum

Running on the iPhone

CarolineCaroline Guru
edited December 2011 in Bugs and issues
Hi - I've got the HelloBall running fine on Local Host, but I can't get it to go to the device.

I'm on a Snow Leopard Mac, with an iPhone 4S. I've downloaded the Gideros Player onto my iPhone through Xcode, and it comes up with local IP info 10.xxx.xxx.xxx (not sure if it's safe to put down the actual IP info). I've put this IP info into Player Settings in Gideros Studio.

However, the Start and Stop buttons in Gideros Studio remain greyed out.

When I go into Player Settings and tick Local Host, the Start and Stop buttons are immediately available and work fine, but as soon as I change the Player Settings, they are greyed out again.

(Btw - so far, I'm really impressed with the initial User Experience)

Comments

• It does work if I export to an Xcode project and then send it to the iPhone as a new app.

But just not through the Studio.
  • Hi Caroline,

nice to have you on board.

The iphone/ipad/android player only works through a WLAN connection. The IP (10.xxx) tells me that you are connected to the internet through your phone provider and not via WLAN.

Cheers
    Michael
  • :blush:

You are of course right. Dopey me turned off the wireless the other day and forgot.

But what a magical experience, that the sample code just appears on the iPhone instantly.

Thanks for the welcome - apologies in advance for my future dopinesses.
  • gorkemgorkem Maintainer
    Would love to see you say hi and tell a bit about yourself in "introduce yourself" category of the forum. :-h
  • No problem. I experience the same moments constantly. :-S
    :blush:
    But what a magical experience, that the sample code just appears on the iPhone instantly.
    I love this feature too. It is so fast, that it is unbelievable. Well so far, my projects were not that big. I think the biggest bottle neck could be huge files of media. I don't know if they get transfered all the time or if gideros checks the timestamp of these files and only transfers changed files. Maybe Atilim can enlight us on how this works behind the curtain.
  • gorkemgorkem Maintainer
    System checks both the timestamp AND the MD5's, so only the files which are modified are transferred to the phone.
  • System checks both the timestamp AND the MD5's, so only the files which are modified are transferred to the phone.
    That's good to know.

I'll go and introduce myself now :).